Raffi's dojo

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
mikemurphy

Raffi's dojo

Post by mikemurphy »

Yesterday I had the extreme privilege of visiting and teaching a seminar at Raffi sensei's dojo in Rhode Island. Let me tell those of you out there who sit in your own little corner of your own little dojo. Get out and visit some of these other instructors and dojo when you have a chance. What an experience. Raffi's students are some of the best people I have met in a dojo setting. These guys and girls were taking in everything I had to say and practicing the s**t out of it. I'll tell you something, they can come and work out at my dojo anytime. This is an indication of their teacher for sure.

Raffi sensei will be at my dojo in Randolph, MA Wednesday night to teach a seminar for my students. I hope more of you closet dojo owners accept the invitations out there and either invite some guest instructors to your dojo or get out and visit someone else's dojo. It's a damn shame that so few took me up on my challenge. Kudos to Raffi and Gary S. though who did.

Mike
david

Raffi's dojo

Post by david »

Mike,

Tomorrow? What time? Can I come? Please... Image

david
mikemurphy

Raffi's dojo

Post by mikemurphy »

David,

The class is at 7:00 and will run as long as Raffi wants to go. Hope to see you there.

mike
Steve

Raffi's dojo

Post by Steve »

Raffi, Mike, david et al. - INCREDIBLE CLASS!

For those of you that missed it, Raf spent two hours with us going over the basics of knife fighting. Mike's dojo was packed with his students and guests. Visitors from Chicago, david, Gary S. and the Randolph group.

Can't tell you how much fun it was - the two hours seemed like two minutes. Got killed numerous times by Mike Sensei, david gutted me while I demonstrated my patented Irish block, Gene D. not only slashed me - he threw me with ease. Rich was Raffi's personal training aide, so we all got to watch him get worked over numerous times.

If you can make it to Summer Camp, don't miss the Nihon Ju-Jitsu seminars by Mike or the JKD seminars by Raffi. To me, they are what Uechi-ryu is all about - having a solid kick-butt karate foundation on which to build expertise in other arts.
david

Raffi's dojo

Post by david »

Mike, thank you for letting me on the Raffi seminar. I enjoyed it as did my buddy, William. Raffi, it was a pleasure getting in on your class.

I am impressed and heartened by the reciprocal exchanges between your dojos. Direct benefits for your students and an example for others who are not doing the same.

I also liked getting an "in" on these. Image

david
mikemurphy

Raffi's dojo

Post by mikemurphy »

To everyone who came to work out last night (and those who didn't).

What a time! Thanks to all who came by and make Raffi Sensei's class a success. Thanks to Raffi (of course), David Moy (who never ceases to amaze me), David Kahn and his student Mitch from Chicago, Gary S, and of course my own students for participating. It was a night to remember.

mike
William

Raffi's dojo

Post by William »

Hello Mike,

I'd like to thank both you and Raffi for allowing Dave/I to participate in yestersday class. Not only was it enlightening but also very fun. Hope to see you guys again soon.

William
david

Raffi's dojo

Post by david »

Mike,

Here's my source for aluminum training knives:

http://www.trainingblades.com/

david
JOHN THURSTON

Raffi's dojo

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Mike:

Sorry to miss that one!

I resolve to pay more attention to current events and your forum.

See you in August if not sooner.

JT

------------------

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”