Rickson Gracie

Reopened!!! The jujitsu forum will focus on traditional and non-traditional Jujitsu/grappling arts.
Malcolm Wagner

Rickson Gracie

Post by Malcolm Wagner »

I am not here to start a Gracie fan-club page, but I have so much respect and admiration for Rickson Gracie that I had to post this quote from him.

Opinions about the man???

I leave you here with the words that Rickson spoke at the private party after the victory in Colosseum 2000:

“For quite some time , I lived in Brazil and my entire Universe was there. I was dedicated to my Academy, my Brazilian students, the Gracie Family, Brazil, Brazil, Brazil. Then a rocket took me to the World. Now I have a lot of friends and students that are not Brazilians. I have made a lot of brothers who are not from Brazil. I put my heart, my blood, my emotions with people that are not Brazilians. Now I want to say my thanks. . . But today I represent Jiu Jitsu thru a lot of people all over the world. I have Jiu Jitsu to give to you, that is really my mission in life, to share that with you, more than to make Brazil proud. By living in the US for the last ten years, by going to Europe, Asia and all over the world, we now have people who feel the same passion and have the spiritual connection with me thru Jiu Jitsu. The reason I say that is because my love today, thru Jiu Jitsu goes beyond Brazil. I have to say to all the people that love Jiu Jitsu anywhere in the world, I really have all you guys in my heart. Thank you”

Mal
f.Channell

Rickson Gracie

Post by f.Channell »

If you like the Gracies you might like this article,www.judoinfo.com/kimura2.htm off the articles section of www.judoinfo.com website.
Masahiko Kimura broke Helio Gracies arm in a match where Helio brought in a coffin for Kimura and put it beside the ring. Masahiko Kimura also trained shotokan under Gichin Funakoshi. Its a great read.
f.

Return to “Jujitsu/Grappling Arts”