Junior Rank Guidelines

For kids who are interested in the martial arts. Moderated by "Seisan Sister", who is 13 years old and a seasoned Uechi competitor and according to her father, a very serious martial artist.
iac1

Junior Rank Guidelines

Post by iac1 »

Hello,

Would some of you, teachers and students, please share your rank guidelines? I have four students who have been studying for about a year that I would like to promote. The other dojo ownerrs I've spoken with strongly support the use of colored belts for children. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd see what is already being done.

The class is pretty traditional Uechi. Students are ages 6-11. The group that needs to be promoted is doing all the opening exercises including Hojo Undo, Sanchin, Kanshiwa and are beginning Kumite One.

Thanks!

Mike Herrmann
Alb, NM
Spike

Post by Spike »

If you are Uechika, than i would suggest going to http://www.nskarate.tk/ and looking in the faq section under: WHAT ARE THE RANKS AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS?

These are for our dojo, although i would suggest that the kids don't do the conditioning for a testing since they are still developing and it's dangerous to condition developing bodies. If you want more information contact me.

Return to “Kombat Kids”