Once, Twice Thrice??

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

John,

Massachusetts Civil War records are very accessible:
http://www.itd.nps.gov/cwss/

That site I mentioned has info around the world including Canadian census from the 1800's

The Mormon Church has info on everyone. Part of their religion causes them to do family research. It helps them get to heaven or something? Mormons inter marry other religions and they must research them also.

If you have a Mormon Church nearby most have a family library where you can research for free.

You live in Marshfield. The Marshfield Senior Citizen center has New England Genealogical website for free on their computers.

Your local library has access to heritage quest which has many of those local history books John mentioned for free.

Here are many of the "Old Tans" from Mass. which have records collected from many sources and organized 100+ years ago.
http://rays-place.com/town/index.htm

Happy hunting.

If you need more let me know. That'll keep you busy for a long time.

I've traced back to William the Conqueror. Revolution era is not so hard.
Easier if you come from a line of criminals.
F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Rising Star

Post by Rising Star »

Actually Lunenburg was originally referred to as Turkey Hill and my ancestors were there before John Fitch.

John
It's what we do!
JOHN THURSTON

Revolution

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

A Daniel Page of Amesbury was shown to have enlisted/Massachusetts Revolutionary Soldiers.

I still think digging in the Lunenburg Town Hall and digging into the members of Colonel Fitch's Regiment might yield something. (Civil War)

Wakefield Town Hall's tablet is very sad as so many were so young and so many died in Andersonville.

It's a long process.

JT
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Massachusetts Soldier and Sailors of the Revolution is a volume of books written from muster rolls during the Revolution. Warning is most were illiterate and you should look up all possible spellings. The book is available at Quincy and other public libraries and at the state archives near the JFK library. Quincy also has other books of interest and the WWI book has some Soldiers photos.

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
JOHN THURSTON

Turkey

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Yes John the bit I read on Lunenburg did make mention of an overabundance of Turkeys.

I guess I, or somebody, got confused along the line.

Fred----all these sites will keep me up nites.

JOhn
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”