Alvin York artifacts Give Proof

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

JOHN THURSTON

Alvin York artifacts Give Proof

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Many Artifacts of Seargents York's epic battle with German Troops near the Meuse Argonne in 1918 have been found,

The Items includes Many 3006 and 45 ACP cases found in the area of rhe historic fight.

I will Post more on this and , hopefully, some battlefield forensic hopology from other battlefields

Later critic have sought to debunk York's story of killing and capturing so many veteran German troops, though, as is the Guy Gabaldin Affair 30 years later on Saipan, the troop seem to have been at the point where they where ready to be persuaded to surrender. To say this this mass surrender was unusual in the Japanese Army is a tremendous understatement.

Gabaldin was raised by Nisei to which he was not related and spoke, anecdotally, perfect Japanese.

He simply wished to stop the senseless deaths.

Gabaldin appeared on a 1950's game show where three unidentified individuals sat while a description of their exploits (or lack thereof, but not so in this case).

As I recall the 'panel" could not identify Gabaldin.
Last edited by JOHN THURSTON on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Life was hell living in those trenches and one can only imagine hearing constant bombardment and machine gun fire and what it might do to your nerves.
By the time the Americans got there the war had been going on for years already and I imagine they were more than ready to surrender.
This war is far more popular in Europe and I recommend reading through the Great War forum which is a group of knowledgeable people who helped me researching my great grandfather who died at the Somme.
Some great video also exists on youtube.

sadly many of these same battlefields once again had blood spilled on them in WWII.
This is what makes it surprising to find anything which can be substantiated to be Yorks. Even the WWI records were bombed and destroyed during WWII in London.

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”