Coming up

JOHN THURSTON is back and eager to discuss Western Martial Arts, especially relating to its history.

Moderator: JOHN THURSTON

JOHN THURSTON

Coming up

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Several Subjects come to mind for discussion, but I cannot cover them in one post, today.

The first concerns Russian intention and capabilities regarding expansion. Briefly I think Putin is very much in the same place Adolph Hitler was in when the expansion of Germany, (yes-reclaiming its original "peoples" and the later concept of' Drang Nach Osten" (DRIVE TO THE EAST" (my German is heavily flawed.) First, by coup de diplomatic, and then the breaking into the rest of the "comprised countries of Yuugolavia and Austria, the latter commonly referred to as the "Anshluss" (sp?.

The model is the same, Hitler moves into the Rhineland unopposed, although at that time France's armed forces were more than a match for his. Putin takes an ethnically and loyalty divided City by force, but, as in the case of the Anschluss, the Ukraine and Nato did nothing.

That's just the start. I will fill out the models of the other steps later. Also Russian military spending has jumped in a menacing way, frankly this is a difficult thing for me to analze. Normally the US is first in spending, Russia a distant second, and the Chinese more or less in the same area.
What I will talk about is of considerable concern to us all, and our NATO allies..

But I have to go for now.

John
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"

Return to “Western Martial Arts & History”