Banff dojo

The dojo to many is a place of beauty, where the daily ritual of working out takes place. Do you have a special place where you work out? A special design you created that gave the dojo its personality and in the process gives you the inspiration to put a little more into your workout? Share your secrets here.
CANDANeh

Good stuff

Post by CANDANeh »

Look at those bricks!
Are you allowed to hang your karate related stuff on those walls? We have a Canadian flag in ours (no brainer eh...Canucks we are :lol:) Floor looks forgiving to the joints, one inch matts?
Your dojo has charactor, call it the "dungeon" if you wish (good name actually for a karate related hall ) but I like what I see. Love makes a home, spirit a dojo...I sense you nailed it well sir.
Léo
Danny Smith

Post by Danny Smith »

Thanks Leo.

It does have character that's for sure and
I do love the place. Big Tim would live there
I believe :) .

So far as hanging stuff on the walls, yes, I have
free reign to do as I wish.
I have finished the carpeted bathroom and we have a "cornerman" for the heavy bags, complete with silver duct tape on the bags :D. we have 2 speed bags that no one
ever uses, 6 century striking shields and 2 big round bags that you hold on the floor so we can beat them
silly.

Yes the puzzle mats are the thick ones and are very forgiving for hitting and rolling but I like hard wood better.
At my age though I'm thankful for the mats:)

Tomahawk
Danny Smith

Post by Danny Smith »

More pics of the Dungeon.

Tomahawk

Post by Guest »

uglyelk wrote:The makiwara is a new addition back when I trained with other folks here I didn't have one.
It's a shame Laird that you installed that Makiwara, it would have made a fine dance studio... hee hee

:wink:
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Danny:

Forgive me Danny if this is something you already know but you cannot load off your computer it has to be available on the web.

[img]http://www.#######[/img]

No spaces.

Sorry if you know this.
Danny Smith

Post by Danny Smith »

Sorry for the blank spaces :(

tHe pics showed up fine at first but just sort of went
away. I used the photobucket thing.

I'll try it again.

Danny.

Post by Guest »

The Bronze Dago wrote:It's a shame Laird that you installed that Makiwara, it would have made a fine dance studio... hee hee
Hmmmm Maybe if I wear purple spandex tights instead of the black gi... I'll fill the place with dancers! :multi: :multi: :multi: that will pay the rent. :wink: a one and two and......ich ni....Hmmmm :roll:

Post by Guest »

Now that would be a sight to see! Would you join them like "Lord of the Dance" and show us all your Elk-knuckle? HA HAH

Post by Guest »

ahhhh he strikes a fearsome pose does he not. :lol:

I think most people would be uncomfortable with the old elk knuckle especially if we decorate the dance hall with old skidoo's. Maybe I better just stick to wearing a gi.

Facial tatoos, hell he's a pictish wantabee!

Post by Guest »

Bet you this guy doesn't have a makiwara :lol:

Post by Guest »

What a homo! He doesn't need a Makiwara, he's probably surrounded by clowns he can box!
Danny Smith

Post by Danny Smith »

Woah! that dude looks like a pansy 8O .

Looks like the pics of my Dojo are back up now.
Now I know if I delete them from photobucket
they will delete from the sight. Duh. lol.

Tomahawk.
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Really NICE Danny!

Return to “The Physical Dojo”