New Fighting Drills et al

A place where this subject can be evaluated and discussed. No "bashing" allowed. "Tell us what YOU do"
JOHN THURSTON

New Fighting Drills et al

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Well, this forum has certainly set a record in lack of Posts over the recent months, so I herewith and hereby formally request GEM Sensei, who I dissappointed rather badly at Summerfest time (MY BAD so sorry GEM SEnsei really) that he allow me to take the lead on "semi or totally moderating" this forum as well as my own.

There is a full time fighting Program in Quincy on sundays, taught by a friend, and if I can haul myself up there I might be able to contribute a lot more-----oops-back in a mo!

OK-I will also be asking him for permission to post drills from the Ta' chi Sytem, and or application and core movements, which I will do when given permission.

I will also post on the "Iron shirt GiGong" and things like the Basic Wu Ji (Wu chi) starting position.

I would like the forum to be as illustration packed as is necessary and feasible.

I also have no qualms about post matter (Daini Yakusoku) and the New Form of the OKK named Ryuko.

I am sure knowing the parties involved a very little that both will undergo more changes.

I have develope a real basic Bo Bo Kumite based on Kumite three and a Sai form (the Konudo ones are very long and, although I havelearned them once (Tshikkinschitahaku no Sai and Hama Higa no Tonfa-Kudos to the Higa Family, assuming my guess is correct.)

As Available in the distant future might be the "Gim" (light straight Chinese Sabre-unamed) form.

So, I have been working on a "bladed stance" Kumite utilizing the Wing Chung Block system.

I all fairness to my students, I will have to post this with minimal practice time in the dojo becasue most of my students are going up for promotion fairly soon.

but I will post it fairly soon and I hope to get the necessary pictures to do it some justice.

Of course, since the subject has never come to my attention in a :"Hey, we don't do that any more, I will be happy to repost for discussion all the old Kumite.

We are on our FOURTH version of Sanseirui Bankai and i do find thechanges, mostly in 'presentation" ( appearance) rather than in technique (substance), but then, I am not the "boss".
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
gmattson
Site Admin

Hey. . .

Post by gmattson »

John. . .

Good to see you on this forum. It sure needs a little "revitalizing"!

Also, thanks for inviting the Uechi community to your class. I hope lots of New Englanders respond.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
JOHN THURSTON

Open Door

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

The Door is open for all who wish to enter.

Pithy huh!?

Well, than you GEM hinestly for your tireless work and endless hospitality.

I would like to work on a kumite-open hand, two types of kicks-two type o punchs-Gyakutsuke fot the attacker tate tsuke for the defender.

So let me get to work and well shall see.

All are invited to make corrections. Generally the defender will be in a blade stance, and the Attace in a 'sparring stance".

More to follow, I hope soon.

J
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"

Return to “Fighting Drills”