Your email could be 'tapped'!

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

One can, or at least once upon a time one could put a hf rf receiver near a pcand it would pick up amd demodulate rf, no $hit. I leave the details as an exercise for the reader, Tony.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
...i'm still a little PO'd about that stuff that went down in Vans forum sometime ago...
Continuing this is not a good idea, then. I forgot about the sore spot.
------------------------
More from Carnivore.
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2684186,00.html

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Tony-San

Post by Tony-San »

Allen,

it cannot demodulate something that isn't modulated. A PC simply sends a pulse train down a wire. Sometimes it is serial, sometimes it is parrellel. Now i'm certain that the FBI's keyboard logger was a wireless gizmo which transmitted the keyboard strokes to some storage device at a remote location. In that case, there is a intelligence modulated on a carrier (probably 2.4 gig or whatever they are using now, 900 mhz is a pretty full band) where it is demodulated somewhere else (within it's range).

I don't mean to put this stuff down Allen (or you) but as you probably can tell, i'm still a little PO'd about that stuff that went down in Vans forum sometime ago with all that garbage and that guy who claimed to be a forensics expert. He tried to make me look like an ##### so as to create a diversion because his "phoney-baloney-ness" was starting to shine through his facade.

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”