Is this one Intel Powered?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Toni, my good Jeep-loving man, check this high-tech vehicle out...

http://carpoint.msn.com/autoshow2001/default.asp?content=article&param=OEM_Ford_FordTruck

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Tony-San

Post by Tony-San »

That thing is bad ass! I want one!

Post by Guest »

I like the fly tying table. Can I store my bellyboat in the other seat? To bad it's a F.o.r.d.(found on road dead) Image

Laird
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Hey! Don't talk about my loving <font color=red>F</font>ix <font color=red>O</font>r <font color=red>R</font>eplace<font color=red> D</font>aily's like that..

The other seat is for the ice cold brew! Image

------------------
Dakkon

Post by Dakkon »

That's one bad Mo`fo ! !
The 30 gallon cooler is a great idea though, and the "stash" area in the running boards is smart!
Too bad to afford it you will have to sell the house,dojo,kids,wife and dog Image
Tony-San

Post by Tony-San »

Sounds like a great trade off! hah hah!

F.O.R.D... hah hah!
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

I'll take my ToyletOdor Tacoma 4-by-4, any day. Fun to blast through snow drifts and snow banks. "It goes where no snow plow has dared to go."

Anyone remember the old Volkswagon Bug commercial filmed in the middle of a severe blizzard? As the words "How does he get to his snowplow..." unfold, a little bug, sounding not unlike an overgrown Cicada, safely and securly pulls up alongside this massive snow plow.

<a href="http://4wdonline.com/Jeep/Jeep.History.html">Nice Jeep website</a>

------------------

[This message has been edited by Allen M. (edited March 11, 2001).]

Post by Guest »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allen M.:
. Fun to blast through snow drifts and snow banks. "It goes where no snow plow has dared to go."

I was a plow jockey in the "olden days"and had some wild rides thru the mountains.That $@#%!truck took me some places that I didn't want to go. Image Free adrenalin rush every day and they paid me too!
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

It helps when you can sense the gravity of a situation, doesn't it, ug? Do you get pumped up driving down a mountainside and the road curves but your truck wants to keep going straight? That's a trip!

------------------
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

All I can say is give Reader's Digest a call. It was exciting to read about your travails. And I'll bet you have plenty more where that came from, Laird.

The worst I ever did, minor by comparison, was coming down a steep twisting grade on the North Carolina side of the Smokies with a fully loaded PU truck towing a U-Haul. I made the mistake of riding the brakes to keep the speed of my descent down. They overheated and then there NO brakes. I let them cool for a few minutes by keeping my feet off the pedal as I started speeding past everyone. Then, when I couldn't take it anymore I hit the gravel, and with both feet pressed down on the brake pedal with the mightiest push you could imagine. I pushed so hard I thought I was going to <strike>brake, er,</strike> break the steering wheel right off as I grabbed it tight with a death-grip trying to make my entire body straight to force the pedal down even more into the four sets of sponges that were once brake shoes.

Never trust U-Haul brakes. They can cost you your life.

------------------

Post by Guest »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen M.:

All I can say is give Reader's Digest a call. And I'll bet you have plenty more where that came from, Laird.

Allen ,the digest? Then most of my readership would have there pants down around their ankles,I'd rather not be thought of at that moment? Image

U bet there's plenty more were that came from. If we go there then one of us is going to buy that fancy new Ford so we can play with the cooler Image

I hate trailers and no brakes....your lucky to be alive! Seems you have a habit of escaping vehicle related death! Btw congrats on your anniversary.

Another BTW kind of moment,I have really enjoyed uechi-ryu 2000. To folks like me who train alone this is a valuable resource. I recommend it to all on these forms. If you haven't read it yet I urge you all to place your order today!

Nope no one paid me, just a free plug cause the book deserves it,thanks for writting it Allen!

Laird

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post by Guest »

Picture this Allen,you come around a corner and begin a long steep down hill decent.

The road is narrow the surface is glare ice. Your truck is fully loaded with sand, weighs around 30,000kilos (30-35 tons).

The left shoulder of the road is a rock wall,the right shoulder of the road is a cliff 300 meter straight drop.

You look ahead and see another one. A F.O.R.D. Explorer spun out in the middle of the road ,stalled ,about 400 meters ahead.(some skiers figure there bullet proof when behind the wheel of a 4 wheel drive SUV,too bad they had to use the brake pedal Image )

No where to go, have to stop or plow the SUV off the road. You immediately rev you 575HP motor up and down shift. Drop two gears grind them if you have to. Turn on the engine retarder slow down a little more.

You know your still not going to stop so you ease over to the right shoulder because thats were all the traction is. (sand tends to get spun by wheels to the sides of the road. Still going to fast.

You drop your nose plow,the added friction allows you to down shift 1 more time. Still not going to stop in time,you drop your belly blade. This slows you down but now steering is almost impossible.

You are going to kill these people! You lower your wing The sparks fly as you begin to rub the guard rail. In your mirror you watch the guard rail roll up like the lid of a sardine can. The truck begins to slow,you gear down 1 more time . The truck comes to a stop.You 30 feet from the stalled skiers.

Pop on the air brakes. Survey the damage too your truck(none they are truly bullet proof).
Looking at the guard rail you realise that you spend your summers repairing all the damage you inflicted in the winter.(kinda like a goverment make work project Image ) You stroll over to the folks that are still sitting in their stalled vehicle. They seem to be six inches taller than when you 1st saw them. Image could be they are all sitting in someting.

You ask how everyone is ,they claim to be okay but their vehicle will not start. Smiling you peekin and look at the gear shift it's still in "D". You shift it into park and sugest they try it now!(people seem to panic when they are doing down hill donuts next to a cliff.)

You climb back into your truck and contine down the mountain. 1/2 mile later you find two vehicles with a tow rope streached across the road.Here we go again!

The sun will be up in an hour and the restaurants will be open soon,you smile to your self and think how much you will enjoy your 1st cup of coffee that morning.

That's wee glimpse into riding on the back of a plow!

Laird
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Thanks for the Kudos, Laird. I appreciate it. I worked really hard since 1994 at getting it altogether and getting it right, and comments like yours are the real payoff.

I'm looking for the picture of my favorite F-250 4x4 (1977 big-bore V8, 3/4 cam (forgot the lift and duration), tuned chrome headers, glass packs, etc) as I was rebuilding the front end of it in my driveway after I hit the brakes, lost control, spun the wheel to miss an aluminum light pole (which I did by only inches) to find myself heading straight into the plate-glass store-front of a strip-mall about 50 feet or less from the sidewalk directly in front of the roadway entrance, spun the wheel again aiming it safely between the parked cars on the left and the shops on the right, until I hit the brakes again which caused it to veer left, careening into a van on its driver side rear quarter, pushing it into another truck, totalling the both of them as I came to as stop with the nose of the PU imbedded into the van.

In that part of the country it never rains. But when it does, at the beginning of a downpour the surface of the asphalt is covered with an oil slick. I swerved to avoid hitting a car which unexpectedly stopped in the middle of the road right in front of me for no apparant reason as soon as the rains started. When I swerved back into my lane to avoid incoming is when I lost control and bought the farm.

I've had a couple of equally exciting times on motorcycles, too, although I only had to lay a bike down once.

------------------

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”