DVD-RAM Camcorder

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Allen M.

DVD-RAM Camcorder

Post by Allen M. »

Does anyone have one of the new tapeless DVD-RAM camcorders yet?

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Dakkon 98

DVD-RAM Camcorder

Post by Dakkon 98 »

Which model?
I've toyed with the mini cd camcoders and they are pretty nice.
Allen M.

DVD-RAM Camcorder

Post by Allen M. »

Hitachi is the best I've seen.

------------------
Dakkon 98

DVD-RAM Camcorder

Post by Dakkon 98 »

Allen,
Yes, the Hitachi is a nice dvd cam corder but the media is <font color="green" $$$$</font>. I'm hoping in the next year or two the price falls to what we pay for CD-R blanks. I'd like to have a DVD camcorder for my trip to Alaska, but when a mini-cd camcorder is $500 less and media is at least $20 less it adds up.
Allen M.

DVD-RAM Camcorder

Post by Allen M. »

It doesn't seem fair, does it?

Look at CR-RW. Althought the price of the media has been low and the computer stores are choking with the disks [indicateive they are really worth a few pennies apiece] the price of the writeable drives has been artificially held high, and only in recent months after everyone seemed to own CR-RW devices did the price of that piece of hardware drop to what it should have been several years ago -- less than $100.

PRICE GOUGING is what it is.

Look at the price of a GOOD hi-8 camcorder with all the bells and whistles these days. $299 at best-buy. closer to what it's REAL value should be. Hi-8 tapes have always been overpriced, and the better quality ones were ridiculously priced.

Then DVD tapes and camcorders -- same thing.

It is rape by the manufacturers who are laughing all the way to the bank.

------------------

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”