modem good or bad!

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

f.Channell

modem good or bad!

Post by f.Channell »

please help, I haven't been able to connect to my internet provider prodigy. They tell me my modem needs a driver software upgrade. It is an aztech labs 4029 md6805-u. I can't seem to find an upgrade for it. funny thing is I can access prodigy from work with a 33 modem and year older software on the modem. do you think I need a new provider-computer or any other help gladly accepted. I'm about to nunchuck my tower!!!
fred
Dakkon 98

modem good or bad!

Post by Dakkon 98 »

Fred,
A quick search @ Aztech turned nothing up about that modem Image Depending on your feelings I'd recommend upgrading to 56k and Major Name brand. Modems are still kind of $$ but worth it.
Chuck
Allen M.

modem good or bad!

Post by Allen M. »

Fred, check out Best Buy and Comp USA on Rte 3 just south of the split. One of them had a sale on 56k modems recently.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
f.Channell

modem good or bad!

Post by f.Channell »

Thanks Allen, went in for a modem and came out with a computer. Problem solved though. Now I can save my packard bell tower for sokusen training! Bought three times the computer for about a third of what I bought 3years ago, hope it lasts.
fred
Allen M.

modem good or bad!

Post by Allen M. »

I think I didn't post what I thought I posted early this am.

Congratulations on your new machine. What did you get?

I also menioned that if you are going to sakusen it, instead it would make a good internet/e-mail-only pc to replace the backup pc I just installed Linus on.
and then wrote "(hint)."

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”