Link to thread

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Van Canna

Link to thread

Post by Van Canna »

How do you create a link to a specific thread on these forums, both current or archives, so you can email to someone?

Thanks.

------------------
Van Canna
Allen M.

Link to thread

Post by Allen M. »

Van,

If you mean like the email sample I sent you a few moments ago, I did a simple dragon drop.

Here's how it works: I have a pane of Eudora open in one window, and this forum open in another. I place the mouse on top of the link I wish to send, hold down the left mouse button, "drag" the line over to Eudora, and then "drop" it onto Eudora simply by releasing the mouse button.

Works like a charm; all that's left is to mail it to the lucky recipient.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Arnie Elkins

Link to thread

Post by Arnie Elkins »

I have found several ways to accomplish this. First, when you are in the thread you want to send, right click in the window and choose 'Open frame in new window'. Then just copy the address in the Address field at the top of the browser. Or, right click as above, but choose 'Create shortcut', and send them the shortcut. Or, there is a link at the upper left at the beginning of the thread that says 'Email this page to someone'. If you click on that, it will allow you to send an email that contains a link to that thread. All of these assume you are using Windows with Internet Explorer.

Arnie
Van Canna

Link to thread

Post by Van Canna »

Allen, Arnie,

Thanks to you both. Image

------------------
Van Canna

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”