Would Anyone Like to See?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Traveler in the Arts

Post by Traveler in the Arts »

(In my previous message, I forgot to click to include my signature, which should now appear below...hopefully...)

------------------
Best wishes,
John
Rik

Post by Rik »

Hi,

I would also be very interested in joining the course if at all possible.

Many thanks,

Rik Tyer
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

John and Rik. The course has just begun and is moving forward at a decent pace. The first lectures involved installing the compiler and then looking at the IDE. Almost all you need to do to catch up is extra reading and install the parts.

We have not started writing code yet although that should start soon. So, for about another week I am entertaining new starters who would like to learn as well as be willing to help anyone else who has gotten stuck if they can, like a study group.

You need to get your own Microsoft Visual C++ Version 6 and the K & R ANSI standard as outlined in one of these posts. At this point in time, the book can be delayed a few weeks if necessary then play catch-up, but you need to get up and running with the compiler ASAP.

This course is a pro-active course and you will be writing the program in steps as we go along and email the results to me. If you don't write the program and pass in your stuff when requested, my support as in answering questions, etc. stops. We are all working as a cooperative group with the students following the premise that I know no more C than what I have already published in my lectures. That way we're all working on the same page, or close to it.

When you get the required tools and are ready to go, send email to uechi@ixpres.com . Tell me who you are, where you are from, and your reason for studying C, and I will set you up with everything else you need, provided it is within a week or so from now.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera

[This message has been edited by Deep Sea (edited December 04, 2001).]
Traveler in the Arts

Post by Traveler in the Arts »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deep Sea:
John and Rik. The course has just begun and is moving forward at a decent pace. The first lectures involved installing the compiler and then looking at the IDE. Almost all you need to do to catch up is extra reading and install the parts.

We have not started writing code yet although that should start soon. So, for about another week I am entertaining new starters who would like to learn as well as be willing to help anyone else who has gotten stuck if they can, like a study group.

You need to get your own Microsoft Visual C++ Version 6 and the K & R ANSI standard as outlined in one of these posts. At this point in time, the book can be delayed a few weeks if necessary then play catch-up, but you need to get up and running with the compiler ASAP.

This course is a pro-active course and you will be writing the program in steps as we go along and email the results to me. If you don't write the program and pass in your stuff when requested, my support as in answering questions, etc. stops. We are all working as a cooperative group with the students following the premise that I know no more C than what I have already published in my lectures. That way we're all working on the same page, or close to it.

When you get the required tools and are ready to go, send email to uechi@ixpres.com . Tell me who you are, where you are from, and your reason for studying C, and I will set you up with everything else you need, provided it is within a week or so from now.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allen--Sounds very good, I'll get the tools and email you with the info. Thanks!

------------------
Best wishes,
John

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”