forum woes

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Van Canna

forum woes

Post by Van Canna »

This server leaves much to be desired.

It slows down when you least expect it, doesn't give the appearance of "loading" a new message, but in reality it does, so you end up with several copies of it as you hit the button again.

Then, at times, it is impossible to get on or get back on, causing an immense waste of time and loss of interest.

Now I get this message when trying to delete a post on my own page: "Sorry but you can only delete your own posts"

Why is it we can't come up with a foolproof system like the other sites I visit?
Van
Ted Suzman
Site Admin

Post by Ted Suzman »

I haven't noticed any server slow-downs, but then again, I'm not here has often as you. Anyone else noticed this?

As for the problems getting on: I'm working on fixing those. Everything should be more stable soon.

I changed the permissions on your forum to allow you to delete posts. Please let me know if you're still unable to do so.

Post by Guest »

Ted, i've noticed some strange occurances where the forum will create a new page but not link to it from the previous page. Check out the "Atkins" thread on Bills forum. Really weird. I think I saw it again in Van's forum in the "Kill or be killed thread". There are more posts to read, but you have to back out to the forum summary and then enter the page by clicking the text icon for the lastest poster.
Ted Suzman
Site Admin

Post by Ted Suzman »

Hmm -- strange bug! Never heard of it before. I posted a test message to the "Atkins" thread and the problem seemed to disappear. If you ever notice it in the future, please let me know; I'll try and dig deeper. Also, for future reference:

In a url like the following, you can see a "start=15"

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=15

That specifies which post # to start displaying from. You can always add more to the number to reach posts later on in the thread. However, you don't really know if there should be a second page, so it's not a very adequate solution.

Post by Guest »

wierd. thanks for fixing that Ted.
suede

Post by suede »

no link to the second page in homemade weapon-

Post by Guest »

same in the "time to kill" thread on Vans forum. Ian has a post that is not linked from page 6. wierd stuff man.

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”