My Band:

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

AAAhmed46 wrote:2Green:

Im in the mood these days for hard hard rock and im craving it.

Can you post a song? Something strong and bitter like DOWN WITH SICKNESS(Which band wrote that anyway?) or Bodies(Drowning pool)
Do you mean this song by Disturbed?

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/disturbe ... kness.html
Dana Sheets wrote:My guitar learning has gone slowly over the last year.
I had thought to teach myself and now I think I'd do better with someone to visit every couple of weeks.
I've been learning guitar too, though at a very leisurely pace (it's been about 7 months and I can't really play a bar chord in any way but badly). What is your goal with the guitar and what have you been doing so far? Also, what kind of music do you want to play? I mostly just look up tabs online and play along with songs that will sound decent on my friend's acoustic. IThe danger is picking up bad habits, but so many tutorials and such are freely available that it seems like a teacher isn't really necessary unless you're going to take it pretty seriously.
2Green

Post by 2Green »

I responded but deleted.

I don't wish to interrupt.

~N~
The music spoke to me. I felt compelled to answer.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Valkenar wrote:

Can you post a song? Something strong and bitter like DOWN WITH SICKNESS(Which band wrote that anyway?) or Bodies(Drowning pool)

Yes....YES!!!
Dana Sheets

Post by Dana Sheets »

Who's interrupting? Guitar playing...moving from your center. It's all the same. :)

I had thought that Justin asked me what I've managed to play so far - and the short answer is not much.
I think I made it all the way up to about 7 chords and minimal fingerpicking before I hurt my hand. So my non-impressive song list included:
Moon Dance
House of the Rising Sun
Lola (but only the easy parts) by the Kinks
Walk on the Wild Side
Simple Gifts
And the first 20 or so measures of a Malaguena Rhumba with minimal tremolo
and of course...
Yankee Doodle. :lol:
Did you show compassion today?
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Valkenar wrote:

Both the Richard Cheese and Weird Al versions were better than disturbed.

Dana,
what do you mean non-impressive song list? Those are some pretty good tunes and I've played most of them myself. :lol:

Right now I'm working on learning a version of Glen Ballard's God Gave Rock and Roll to You, Brian Setzers version of Sleepwalk and just relearned the Dead Boys' Sonic Reducer.
I was dreaming of the past...

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”