Calling all women lurkers...come post!

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Shana Moore

Calling all women lurkers...come post!

Post by Shana Moore »

We pretty sure you're out there: Female Karateka or beginners who don't feel they can call themselves Karateka yet. Perhaps you've been reading the various postings on the forums, simply searching past forums to find answers to your questions, or your quietly absorbing it all. It's also possible that you are slightly intimidated by some of the knowledge and personalities present....don't be. This is your forum too! :D

Please come post in the Women and Martial Arts forum or...if you feel shy or nervous...post in the Women's Locker Room, which is for women only.
{note: to gain entrance to the women's
forum, send a private message (PM) to
myself or Dana with your full name, address
and telephone number.}

Whether you've been practicing for a long time or are a fresh face to Uechi, you have something to share....you have your curiosity, your questions, and your observations (no matter how small). Experienced practicitioners learn a lot from breaking down thier practice to explain something to a newbie, so it's a mutually beneficial relationship! Also, you might just be asking a question that's been in the back of several peoples' mind, but they just haven't gotten around to asking it yet. :wink:

The Women in Martial Arts forum is meant to be a respectiful and open place to learn and share. Some questions will be specific to women MAs and some will simply be general questions.

So come join us!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
chernon

Lurking No More!

Post by chernon »

Hello, hello....

I've been "lurking" (as you say) for a while now--checking around, snooping, reading, considering, enjoying--everything except registering and posting. Well, enough of that! Hi! I'm Christina. I've been studying Uechi-ryu for just over a year-and-a-half, and I LOVE it. I love it enough to be an official forum participator. Thanks to Shana and Vicki and Bill and Dana and many others for many posts that made me feel welcomed, even if I was a secret visitor. I'll stop by time-to-time, and maybe have a thing to say every-now-and-then.

Thanks!
Christina
Chris McKaskell

Post by Chris McKaskell »

Good on you, Christina!

Shana, good thread -- I had no idea how many people out there lurk until I started meeting some. A shocking revelation to me: many, many individuals reading this stuff. And that's okay, but...

it would sure be great to get some more viewpoints and different experiences into the mix.

Come on in -- the water's fine! :)
Chris
chef

Post by chef »

Hey, Christina, welcome! it's great to see you be bold and step up. I, personally, am glad to see more women posting.

This is a great place to share just about EVERYTHING. Good people here.

Again, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

Have a wonderful week,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
Shana Moore

WELCOME

Post by Shana Moore »

Welcome Christina!!!
I have spoken to a few lurkers and look forward to seeing more viewpoints and postings on the women's forum and others if you find posts of interests!

A note to all: Please do not feel you have to be a Uechi practitioner to post. I feel that we all learn from many viewpoints, and you will see that many folks that posts here are not currently Uechiteka, but they still have valid opinions. If you like, it's helpful to say something like, "I practice X, and we......".

Also, don't feel that you have to be a black belt or upper belt in order to have an opinion. We are all learning here, and sometimes a newbie's questions help us all to learn more (and I should know!).

So come on in, as Chris said, the water's fine...and the company is very enjoyable!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
Chris McKaskell

Hey Shana,

I just got a message from a female friend of mind who has been lurking for sometime and was moved by this thread to surface --

She tried to register last week, but hasn't had any success.

Is the system functioning properly??

Ghost in the machine?

:!: She'd be a good person to have on board :!:
Chris
gmattson
Site Admin

registering difficulties????

Post by gmattson »

The process for registering is automatic. If anyone has any trouble, please email me and I'll try to help. (gmattson@uechi-ryu.com)
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Sue G

Post by Sue G »

Hello All

Registration issues all resolved, lurker no longer! Thanks Chris and George sensei.

I've been doing karate for a good while but I'm a Uechi beginner. Appreciate the wisdom and humour here. :D

Cheers,

Sue
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

Welcome Sue! hope to see more of you abouts! Pull up a chair and have yourself a sit down....beer? Wine? soda? other? :lol:
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
Chris McKaskell

Hi Sue, good to have you aboard -- welcome!
Chris
Sue G

Post by Sue G »

Thanks Shana - any of those sound pretty good thanks! Great hospitality :D
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

I'm rather found of a good stout or a black and tan meself...bartender!!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
chef

Post by chef »

Yay, another Sue I (two of my very good friends are named Sue)!

Welcome aboard, Sue. I think you will like it here and Shana is a great moderator too.

Have fun, jump in, and get your feet wet.

Regards,
Vicki
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

ah thanks Vicki..just for that, have a fine bottle of wine on the house..how about this lovely red with a hint of cherries, oak and cinnamon?
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
chef

Post by chef »

Yum! I'm there. I love reds the best.

Cheers to you and Sue and the rest of those bold women who choose to post.

Regards,
Vicki

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”