depth of learning (the good side of slow)

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Thanks Shana,

I was going to bring the ego into matters ,quite simply we need to identify its presence ,such as; I need a focus and a current technique springs to mind ,I then engage .

Was it my ego that engaged ?
I know my ego is not fully the real me ,it may want things too quickly ,or it may not , for this post I will say it wants things quite quickly it does not like to be kept waiting , You may remember in a post , I'd had my belly full of principles and speculation ,my Motto was " to get stuck in " was this really my ego talking ? .
max ainley
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

but if you get caught in second guessing if this was your Will or Ego, you will fall into an entirely different kind of trap. Isn't the best way to reach understanding, satori, etc. is to let go of expectations and to simply BE in the moment fully and without demands?

geee..sounds so simple (NOT)
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
maxwell ainley

Post by maxwell ainley »

Shana Moore wrote:but if you get caught in second guessing if this was your Will or Ego, you will fall into an entirely different kind of trap. Isn't the best way to reach understanding, satori, etc. is to let go of expectations and to simply BE in the moment fully and without demands?

geee..sounds so simple (NOT)
Yes Shana ,it does sound simple , but normaly the ego as a good hold ,better still a superb hold ,once you start to be less demanding ,you are closer to the slow way ,in other words one would now have or realize ,realize is the better term .
max ainley

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”