Guilty pleasures

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

chef

Guilty pleasures

Post by chef »

Defined: A guilty pleasure is something one considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it.

Mine have a tendency to center around food, darn...must be my Greek heritage showing!

Three of mine:

Taking a break in my day, sitting down and popping a Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffle into my mouth, and rolling it around so that layer by layer each one melts for the full chocolate experience...damn, I love chocolate, primarily dark chocolate. It is almost kin to a religious experience.

Putting on my favorite rock music, really loud, and dancing with abandon through the house, while cleaning or some other necessary evil.

I love to sneak off to the gym and lift weights for an intense, hard hour or more, till I can hardly move. Love working out even when I should be home being constructive...have to do that because of the chocolate hits. I could be a gym rat, easily.

What are yours?

Crazy Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

Getting the paint brush out, stirring the stain THEN putting the lid back on the can and hopping on my bike breaking a sweat on trails to downtown. The best part is picking up a Tim`s (coffee) and munching on a cream filled donut under "MY" tree overlooking the river. Thanks for stirring guilt. This is going to happen in about an hour.
:wink:

Léo
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

Okay...I guess i'm odd, as i don't see most of those things as guilty pleasures as they are healthy both phyiscally and mentally (the dancing, the weight lifting, the biking outdoors). I consider guilty pleasures things that are in some way bad for you in large doses..like:

Lindt's pistachio chocolate bars

Spanish tawny port

beef jerky

NCIS marathons (I don't watch a lot of tv, so when I can sit in front of the tv for hours...it's a guilty pleasure)

sleeping in til 9 or even..gasp...noon (sigh..haven't done that since I had my little angel...god/dess how I miss a good slug-a-bed morn!)

dark chocolate and peanut butter

Anita Blake vampire novels

double order of scatterd, covered and chunked

a slab of bbq ribs so good it's allll over your hands and face when done

a plate of king crab legs, with drawn butter

now THOSE are guilty pleasures..good thing I don't get to indulge in any of those very often...well...maybe the port...GRIN!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
Shana Moore

Post by Shana Moore »

But Vicky, I AM with you on the workout buzz...

after a good weight workout or class, when I'm soaked through with sweat and grinning...

Life is

SOOOOOO

GOOD

at that very moment!
Live True, Laugh often
Shana
chef

Post by chef »

...probably I feel guilty when I am dancing more than working, and finding an excuse to listen to music.

I do love to dance,
Vicki
"Cry in the dojo, laugh in the battlefield"
harlan

Post by harlan »

Nope. Decided as a kid to live a life with no regrets...no guilt. I eat the Reeses' PB cup and enjoy it to the hilt. :lol:

But those things that are 'just for me':

-listening to Puccini arias full blast with the windows open while cleaning house

-meadering through libraries and bookstores, and just pulling out a book and reading

- the Highland Games at Loon Mt. 3 days of bagpipes and kilts, music and men, and plenty of free single malt.

-day long bike rides through the Quabbin reservoir

-and of course, buying new kobudo gear

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”