Motivating People from Protected Surroundings

Dave Young

Motivating People from Protected Surroundings

Post by Dave Young »

Any ideas on how to get these very proper Virginia ladies to understand they will need to tear into an attacker to survive a violent encounter?

Want to move this to start a new thread on motivating people who grew up in very protected surroundings?

Regards, Rich

Rich,

Rich,

It is nice to see you, and I understand your questions very well. I can related it to the group of people who feel;

"I HAVE NEVER HAD TO LEARN TO DEFEND MYSELF IN THE PAST WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT NOW!'

In regards to motivating people from any category here are a few thoughts:

I always use the analogy of where we were 25 years ago to where we are now;

25 years ago we would have never thought of training police to respond to an elementary school and then would get into a shoot out with a 12 year old?

25 years ago we would have never thought about all of the Internet crimes involving small children, and your personal information being EVERYONE public knowledge.

25 years ago we would have never thought that children or young adults would attack others in small groups or by themselves....according to the UCR by the FBI mugging, robbery, rapes are climbing.

25 years ago we would have never thought children and young adults would have the little to NO respect for themselves or other adults.

I used the young child and your adult because they will more then likely be your attacker.

Personal Perception NEVER matches reality in people who live in the If then thinking world instead of the of the When then thinking...

I try to give a few real personal experiences of things that have happened to me, sometime that works.

Tell them that the need for personal awareness and safety is EVERY Teachers Job...I teach a program for teachers called......WHAT NOW! and discusses the mental preparation they will need, teaches them verbalization skills, and then the physical response they will need when all else fails...

Maybe you can try that approach with them and break it up for yourself and give it to them in small pieces so they will have time to digest everything.

The last thing I consider is this....Some people get it, Some people never will, and then Some people DO NOT WANT TO.....but the one thing they always have in common is when it really happens to THEM, they will need to know WHAT NOW!

Good luck and I hope some of these thoughts help out.

Merry Christmas and Semper Fi!

Dave
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

Thanks for the response Dave.

I'll be back at it the week of January 22 and will press the importance of responding appropriately to a violent predator.

Have a good Christmas.

Rich
Member of the world's premier gun club, the USMC!

Return to “Kyohon - Realist Related (Real Self Defense)”