Farenheit 9/11

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Entertaining...
Gene wrote:Shall we also compare their public statements AFTER their various stints at grad. school, Bill? When we approximate, we need to use ALL the available information, no?
Gene, I believe I addressed that issue with my very first post on the subject. I'm happy to re-post it.
Man, I'm glad I don't have press following me with a microphone 24/7...

8O

George the silver-tongued he is not.
We went into the whole speech deflect thing, southern accents, stuttering, etc. We went into judging someone's intelligence and character by their speech patterns.

I can keep going with this, just for entertainment. :)

A pattern recognition exercise, whether it be cerebral or digital, involves a variable selection step so as to determine the drivers (principle components) in the system. All information is considered at once, and correlation amongst all the variables is determined. Those variables (such as speaking ability) that don't independently contribute to the variability of the dependent variable (in this case, intelligence) in a statistically significant manner are removed. A classic approach to such using modeling software is stepwise regression. There are other more sophisticated methods.

Or...you can use a little common sense and do the same thing.

OK? :)

Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. If you don't like Bush, just say so. There's no harm in that. He is who he is. One of his strengths (consistency) will mean that he will not be liked by some people all of the time. That's cool.

It reminds me a bit of people who say cats are stupid. Just because a cat won't fetch for you doesn't mean it's stupid. It could be that it's smarter than the person trying to make it play the stupid game, no? ;)

Two and a half more months of this. Oye! :lol:

- Bill
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

I`m not anti the Iraq war , but I`m anti the spin that went with it .

and Bush was the man in charge so he takes the responsibility or should , or he should be making heads roll .

I havent seen any of it .

The war was justified for going after WMD , they clearly werent there or in the abundance that was claimed .

They clearly did not have the ability to Launch Nuclear weapons .

then we hear that it wasnt about WMD but about regeme change .

new tack , and possibly more justifiable , no one like Saddam (anymore ;) )

A lot of the rest of the world would of been a lot more supportive if they just said they wanted to take out Saddam and he wasn`t co operating with the original mandates .

the victors write history , I hope this comes out a victory , I`m sure it probably will in a way , but not quite how it was sold .

you cant change a culture with tanks and bombs unfortunately .

I`ll get taken to task , but the war was badly marketed . At least for international audiences .

As for if Bush is an idiot ? , probably not , but I`m not sure if he thinks the rest of the population is or not .

As Ive said many times though , I really havent got enough information to decide , because every peice has so much spin and theres so much Lies on both sides , It`s all politics and that means little in terms of truth these days .
Last edited by Stryke on Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Well said.

- Bill
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Maybe even a 'hillbilly'.
I`m living at 4500 feet ..... Do I qualify ? :lol:

I`m breaking out the Harmonica as we speak , and supping on a few suds ....

Post by Guest »

If that was your cousin on the phone tonight, I'd say yes :wink:

Return to “Realist Training”