Iron-Horse Biathlon

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Iron-Horse Biathlon

Post by Panther »

Please read the notice posted on the Events Forum...

http://www.datalynxconsulting.com
Panther

THIS SATURDAY!!!

Post by Panther »

If you want to attend just for the motorcycle ride... that's fine... there will
be time during the shooting stops for you to socialize with others... and who knows, you might just want to try a sub-machinegun to say that you've done it before!

If you want to come just for the shoot... that's fine... there will be alternate directions to the stops so you can meet the riders there.

BUT, we'd love to have folks ride AND shoot!

$20 donation requested... includes breakfast!

OR...

If you'd like to come for an evening of entertainment with the Chris Fitz Band (sings and plays guitar ala Stevie Ray Vaughn... but with his own originals), a chinese buffet dinner, and raffles galore... meet us at Choey Lee's II Restaurant in West Boylston, MA at ~5PM! $15 donation requested...

Also, we still have raffle tickets left for the 2004 Victory Touring Cruiser Motorcycle (~$15700 value)... It looks like the odds will be significantly better than one in 300 and they're only $100 each with the profits going to charity! AND we have tickets left for the S&W Model 500 .50 caliber revolver (~$950 value)... which also looks to be significantly better than one in 300 odds and they're only $20 each. If you live in Massachusetts and don't have your LTC, the owner of Instructional Shooting, Inc. has also offered to give the MA required class to get your LTC for the winner of the S&W! (Since the ammo for this bad boy runs ~$2/round, we're even throwing in the first box of ammo for the winner!)

Looks to be a fun time and the profits all benefit the Eastern Paralyzed Veterans' Association (changing their name to United Spinal Association) and the GOAL Foundation. (both 501(c)(3) charities...)
Panther

Post by Panther »

Tomorrow! The Biathlon is TOMORROW!!!

We've already been going around and gathering all the raffle tickets for the drawings! (Don't worry... there are still tickets left for both items!) We've already put up new target stands! We're picking up the last of the raffle table items (over $4000 worth of items JUST on the raffle table!!) We've got the band scheduled and ready! We've got the Restaurants scheduled and ready! We've got the local police on-board and ready! We've got the targets! We've got some ammo so you can try out a sub-machinegun! ($5 donation requested to go for the charities.) We've got soda, water, & sandwich fixin's! We've... oops! 'scuse me... gotta go gas up the Demo bike! (I'll be riding the demo bike that is the same model and color as the one we're raffling off!) We've got the T-shirts on the way! We've got prizes for the top shooters! Let's see... what are we missing? hmmmm...

YOU!
Deep Sea

An Evening to Remember.

Post by Deep Sea »

I've already arked my cakendar for the third biathalon.

I had the utmost pleasure in finally meeting "Panther" on the evening of the biathalon. I hope it's not too late to say thank you for everything, but in retrospect, one week of thinking about the evening says to me that its memories left a lasting impression.

I started out in the morning for the full ride, but shortly after I left the house it poured so hard I could barely see the taillights of the cars in front of me. I put my tail between my legs, took the next exit off 495, and headed home -- thoroughly soaked and cursing the thunder gods.

However, Chong and I went to the evening meal, celebration, and party after the run. There we finally met Panther and his wife after conversing with him on the forums, pm, and email for years.

Yes, the Chris Fitx Band is awesome.

Thank you so much, Bart. Your hospitality, kindness, consideration, love of motorcycles and of the martial arts, and selflessness is second to none, and will be remembered forever.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
Panther

Thank you, Allen and Chong...

Post by Panther »

Yeah, the morning started off wet, but it cleared up into a pretty good day. There wasn't enough water to dampen our spirits though! ;)

It was great to meet you and I really appreciate the support in coming out! We had a great band, a great party, good food, good times, good people, raffled off a touring motorcycle, raffled off a big gun, and... most importantly, we raised money for charity while having all that fun!! :cool: Got to catch up with old friends... all those we'd known for years whether physically or just through the ether (It was great to finally get to talk face2face after typing so many conversations over the years.)

But we can't let folks know what a great time this event is, because someone will just want to make it illegal!! ;) 8O

Anyway, the final tallys are in and even after expenses both charities got plenty of money that they wouldn't have had otherwise... I know I'll see you there next year, but I'm trying to think of a reason to have a party sooner than that!

Take care and be good to each other...

Return to “Realist Training”