Machetes and Guns

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Van Canna

Machetes and Guns

Post by Van Canna »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articl ... olice_say/

"It seems to be that machetes are the weapon of choice," said Detective Brian Kyes, spokesman for the Chelsea police. "In the past couple of years, we've confiscated at least 50 machetes that have been used in crimes in the city."

Law enforcement officials say they have seen a surge in machete attacks, which prompted East Boston police this spring to revive a little-known city ordinance banning knives longer than 2.5 inches.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editor ... h__wesson/

WHY DOES Steve Bailey sucker punch Smith & Wesson, in essence blaming them for the tragic drive-by fatalities he lists ("Summer Sizzler," Business, Aug. 11)? If only S&W played ball, Bailey wails, with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, (formerly named Handgun Control Inc.), there'd be no more shootings in Boston. Lives would be saved. Street gangs doing the shooting would turn to planting flower beds.

This logic, of course, is wishful thinking, repeated in liberal opinion columns everywhere. It seeks to lay the root cause of these criminal shootings to companies such as Smith & Wesson for legally manufacturing and selling the gun through federally licensed and regulated dealers.

By this same logic, shouldn't General Motors then be held accountable for selling the car used in the drive-by? Court cases seeking to blame manufacturers for these deaths have been brought across the United States. All have been dismissed or dropped.
So why not hold machete and long knives manufacturers accountable for all the "long knives killings?"

Oh...but here it comes...but..but..but..Van..machetes were not designed to "kill" ... cars were not designed to kill...GUNS were/are... :?
Van
Panther

Post by Panther »

And to top it all off... In Steve Bailey's article, he laments the "sunset" of the so-called "assault weapons ban". Well, Mr. Bailey can't get his facts straight on THAT one either! In his article he states that with the sunset of the AWB, that "UZIs and AK-47s could again be flooding the streets."

First off, as posted here many times, the term "assault weapon" was created intentionally by Josh Sugarmann who stated clearly that it would be used to confuse the public into believing that they wanted to ban "machine-guns" and give them a way to ban any semi-automatic rifle because, as he stated, "...the public believes that if it looks like a machine-gun, it must be a machine-gun..." But this legislation is not about machine-guns, which have been highly regulated since 1934!

Secondly, Mr. Bailey turns his attention to handguns. Semi-auto and revolvers, and naming S&W as the problem. Well, he's wrong again. The AWB has nothing to do with handguns at all!

Thirdly, Mr. Bailey is talking about Massachusetts and then lamenting the Federal sunset of the Federal Ban. Wrong AGAIN, Mr. Bailey! The sunset of the Federal law does not change the situation in Massachusetts ONE BIT! NOT ONE LITTLE BIT! Why? you may ask... Simple, because Massachusetts has passed it's OWN AWB which codifed the Federal law into State law! Regardless of what happens with the Federal law, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will still have it's very own AWB fully in effect!

So... the article by Mr. Bailey has absolutely NOTHING to do with the smoke and mirrors games he's playing, but rather has EVERYTHING to do with a totalitarian wish-list for further controls to clamp down on the freedoms of lawful gun-owners. PERIOD, no further excuses accepted. Don't like me calling red, red... then too bad.

Ahem... now, before these totalitarian, rights-stomping, left-wing, media-types give me a heart-attack, I'm gonna go relax... and reload some ammo for my AK... :P :usa :2gunfire: :splat:
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

What would this Bailey guy do, if while walking with his wife
on a semi-deserted Boston street, late at night, he gets jumped by several punks, who drag his wife in nearby bushes, and tell him they are going to rape her and make him watch?

What will he be reaching for, assuming he can stop peeing in his pants?

Maybe we should write to the Globe and ask him that question, just like it was asked of our " famous" Dukakis... :(

That was his political downfall.
Van
Panther

Post by Panther »

I'm sure that just like Do-tax-us (and all others of that ilk, but if you said so straight to their face they'd get all indignant over the truth), this Mr. Bailey would rather see his wife gang-raped and murdered by a bunch of punks than to have a lawful citizen use their legal firearm to stop it... or, lord-forbid, take the personal responsibility required by obtaining, training, and carrying a firearm to protect and defend her himself the way he should. Harumph! Yeah... that was Du-craponus' big downfall and unfortunately the fact that those of that ilk still believe that the local poweese man (the only ones that should have guns, mind you) will save them from those awful bad men. They've never, ever been there and don't understand that folks will just keep on going rather than put themselves into harm's way to save them. Mr. Bailey should call 911, call a taxi and call for a pizza and see what the order of arrival is! He can finish his pizza and then use the taxi to take him and his barely alive wife to the hospital just in time to meet someone to "take his statement". And I hope he doesn't really think that the perps will be caught... or if they are that they'll do any real time before they're right back on the streets. Truth is that if the gangs and the punks were ever really targetted for massive cleanup, the city would be in an uproar over it. We'd see the likes of Sharpton, Jackson, Calypso Louie, Dershowitz, and Hillary railing against the violation of these poor innocent, carry-groceries-for-their-grandmas, straight-A-student, unfairly-targeted, chiiiiiiildren (cause they're under 24 and that fits the definition for those folks). And since all of them have 24/7 bodyguards to protect them, they can't understand why us lowly citizens who've been there before will never allow some traitor to steal our best means of self-defense. :twisted:
==================================
My God-given Rights are NOT "void where prohibited by law!"
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

this Mr. Bailey would rather see his wife gang-raped and murdered by a bunch of punks than to have a lawful citizen use their legal firearm to stop it.
He would have to say so in public, right? Just like Mr. Duckiest did, right? But one wonders…the punks tell him they are going to make him watch his wife being raped vaginally, orally and sodomized. Then they tell him he is next and they are going to make his wife watch.

Say they were with a friend, who unbeknownst to them, was in fact carrying a concealed pistol, but did not use it, panicked and ran “for help” _ :lol: __ like they did in your case Panther - [trained martial artists, no less]

Say this [friend being armed at the time] came to Bailey’s knowledge after the rape, assuming both are still alive and mentally coherent, would they really “forgive” this friend for not pulling the weapon and stop the horror, or would they chide him for being armed to start with, and be totally understanding of the fact he had to run away to get help?

Would they continue to stay friendly with this guy, through their lifetime psychological counseling flowing from the brutality suffered?

There has to be a way to slam this stuff into their faces, Panther, and make them take a public stand, NO?
:twisted:
Van
Panther

Post by Panther »

Sigh...

Sorry for the wait before responding, Sensei...

As they say, here goes nothing...

Think of it if the "friend" in your scenerio was disarmed because they were adamant about the fact of not wanting to be out with someone who was (gasp) "packin' heat"...

If you come to harm because you've been disarmed and end up proverbally "hung out to dry", then the answer to the rest is less than academic... It's quite simple...

You don't forget. You only forgive for your own personal inner-sanity. You stop cutting useless moronic hoplophobes a break for their useless moronic feel-good hoplophobic views... And you never let yourself get put in that position again... you never let it happen again. You also realize with a little thought on the matter that you didn't lose those people as "friends", they never were friends.

I wish I could wake-up some people. I've tried for years in various ways, but I've finally come to the conclusion that I can't. It's just not going to happen. They will never "get it" until it's too late. Tragic, but tough...
==================================
My God-given Rights are NOT "void where prohibited by law!"

Return to “Realist Training”