From Moore to Swift Boats

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
cxt

Post by cxt »

IJ

See, I am MORE angry with Moore precisly because he does NOT own up to his movie as being a "political statement."

Oh, he does the whole "wink wink" thing.

But the movie was and is clearly packaged as a factual "documentry" Moore has defended it as such--although to be accurate he seems to have stopped doing so in the States of late.

My point was how and why things get so bi-partisn.

You have a problem with Ann Coulter--hey, many folks do, me included.

But your posted reasons for not liking her can be easily applied to MOST folks (left OR right)--thats why I mentioned Moore, JG, Al Franken.

ie, just reading your post it seems that its NOT spin, lies, distortions and venom you have a problem with--its WHOM is lying, spinning, and being venomous.

ie Ann Coulter-bad, same actions but "my guy" (just a figure of speech) and well, well that NOT so bad.

And that's all I was pointing out.

To expand it a bit futher, from my perspective it the height of ludicrous for Kerry to be calling for an apology from Bush until he steps up and decries Moore and Move On.Org.
Bush wants to stand around and grin about "full disclosure", yet he has NOT stepped up and opened his own military records

See THEY ARE BOTH FULL OF IT.

They both want their cake and eat it too. Which is understandable--but that does not make it right.

You want a real twisted example?

The whole Swift Boat thing

Here we have a group of vets that either just want to tell their side of things.

OR are politcally motivated revenge dealers

Either way we have a guy running for President that took and is taking legal action to prevent decorated vets from exercising their 1st Amendment rights.

Moore, the Left by and large considers his stuff "Ok"- hey the guys has a absolute right to his opinon.
Seems to be the attitude.

Ted Kenndy (of "I tried to cover up the death of a girl I was sleeping with" fame) denouces GWB as lying.

Well thats by and large "ok" with the Left--he has right to his opinion after all.

But the Swift Boats vets WHOA NELLY, those guys THOSE GUYS need to be silenced.

What about thier rights? In what way have they given up the 1st Amendment?

Please don't point your dirty fingers at me and tell me I need to go wash my hands.

(Again not you per-se-you said NOTHING of the sort)

I think BOTH side need ALOT of soap and hot water.

I think BOTH sides need to stop being so bi-partisan and start doing thier jobs.
IJ

Post by IJ »

It's true that the business needs a bath on both sides. I AM disappointed with Moore... I DON'T want anyone's first amendment rights trampled... but I DO think that GW (see Ron Reagan's article) and Coulter (see my post and others) have more lies and more sinister motives than does Franken (again, I haven't seen his data corrected, just complained about).

I think we agree on this as much as we disagree, or more :)
--Ian

Return to “Realist Training”