House Republicans and Democrats Unite in Linking Iraq w/9/11

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Paul_C

House Republicans and Democrats Unite in Linking Iraq w/9/11

Post by Paul_C »

Good article.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0913-14.htm

Unfortunately it makes me think this country is doomed if all we have are Republicans and Democrats to elect from.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I don't buy any Iraq connection to 9/11. The only thing we can say for sure as far as a connection is that we know al qaeda has followed the U.S. into Iraq, and that al qaeda would love to see the country become a theocracy created in the image of Bin Laden's vision.

- Bill
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I agree there is no connection. I think most of the U.S. if not the world believes there is no connection, so why the Bi-partisan agreement on a link between 9/11 and Iraq? You would think Kerry would jump all over the fact the Bush administration keeps falsely linking Iraq with 9/11. At this point it's almost becoming a mantra. The article suggests a reason, a very depressing reason. That both parties would rather agree on a lie then admit the US went to war for false reasons. Bush is a liar and Kerry has no backbone to admit he was wrong. Which is the lesser of the two evils?
Panther

Post by Panther »

Paul_C wrote:Which is the lesser of the two evils?
Well Paul... I see you live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts (PRoMA). For you and the answer to this question, this is a good thing. You already know which way the electoral college votes for Massachusetts will go, so not voting for the "lesser lizard" is a very viable option! Truth is, in the PRoMA, you don't have to hold your nose and vote! Vote Libertarian, even if you don't believe it will make any difference, if enough people in the PRoMA make the same protest vote, then perhaps... just maybe... the legisTraitors will sit-up and take notice!

Douglas Adams explains much more eloquently than I ever possibly could:

a large spaceship has crashed into harrods of london, and a large robot has emerged, and said, “take me to your lizard”. Ford Prefect explains this to Arthur Dent:

“It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see …”
“You mean it comes from a world of lizards?”
“No,” said Ford, “nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people.”
“Odd,” said Arthur, “I thought you said it was a democracy.”
“I did,” said Ford. “It is.”
“So,” said Arthur, hoping he wasn’t sounding ridiculously obtuse, “why don’t the people get rid of the lizards?”
“It honestly doesn’t occur to them,” said Ford. “They’ve all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they’ve voted in more or less approximates the government they want.”
“You mean they actually vote for the lizards?”
“Oh yes,” said Ford with a shrug, “of course.”
“But,” said Arthur, going for the big one again, “why?”
“Because if they didn’t vote for a lizard,” said Ford, “the wrong lizard might get in. Got any gin?”

-Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

Return to “Realist Training”