ISREAL ACTS...

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!

Assasination- an option for terrorists?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:38 am

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 3

Mills75

ISREAL ACTS...

Post by Mills75 »

Isreal recently assasinated an important figure to the radical islamic group hamas by car bomb.Now remember these radical islamic groups are taking out buses of innocent civilians in Isreal and not targeting calculated threats like the civilized side in this being Isreal.If you want to rid your house of rats then you have to place your traps.If you want to rid yourself of the problem of vermin with no heart or feeling then you have to get down in the sewer with them and be willing to take some actions to exterminate the problem.I have to say I'm not a violent man but I think an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and sometimes things like this action taken by Isreal can send a strong message that terrorism won't be tolerated and we will target you not your innocent citizens of course but you the terrorist will become marked for death.

Jeff
Mills75

One more important thing.

Post by Mills75 »

I wish to be in line with forum rules and this is not adovcating violence.In my opinion it may be a drastic way to prevent further violence from happening to innocent people and this was a top news story so once again I hope this serves to invoke a good discussion and not to offend anyone or there beliefs.it simply asks a question in the tough topics forum and I respect everyones views.I wanted to be in line with the rules I just read about this forum so I felt it important to say this..thanks.

Jeff
IJ

Post by IJ »

And here's a link.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... ?hub=World

It's worth clarifying that this car bomb appears to have been a boobytrapped car, rather than the car bombs employed in Iraq, or oklahoma city. Those would have enraged a lot of people (as it was, this smaller bomb wounded 3 bystanders). While I'm not opposed to fighting terrorists with explosives, Jeff, do you really think this is a... breathrough? new policy? turning point for israel? They've been conducting a war (some tctics widely criticized) against terror for some time and explosives aren't new to them. Yet the nation's been under attack basically since it's creation. Notice the predictable proposition from Hamas that THEY might bomb israeli targets outside of the country. Do you think this is going to change that situation?
--Ian
benzocaine

Wait for Isreals next move...

Post by benzocaine »

Maybee I'm wrong but I think Isreal will do something big soon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6116150/

Israeli leaders have implied they might use force against Iran if international diplomatic efforts or the threat of sanctions fail to stop Iran from producing nuclear weapons.

In February, Israel received the first of 102 American-built F-16I warplanes, the largest weapons deal in its history. Military sources say the planes were specially designed with extra fuel tanks to allow them to reach Iran.

Panther

Post by Panther »

Just an FYI....

It's

I S R A E L

:wink:
Mills75

Thanks Panther

Post by Mills75 »

Israel excuse me and thank you for the correction.I like everybodies view points and respect them just feel that Israel Like Ian said has been subjected to this kind of terror for a long time and if they can take out a terrorist by assasination then so be it and yes hamas will move again but they would anyhow and i'd rather act then sit back.I say the more terrorist under ground the better before they act against innocent people and i'm sure it will last much longer understanding this deep resentment of one another but you have to act and you can't sit idle and watch civilians just burn up in city buses.and Yes Israel has been ciriticized by being criticized while taking out targets that harm your country and pose a big threat is alot better than sitting back and drooling with people who have proven that diplomacy won't work on them.

Jeff
IJ

Post by IJ »

I'm all for self defense. That includes preemption. However, this isn't as simple as Terminator 2 with a good and a bad machine. Israel has made some mistakes and had some victories (military, but also diplomatic--it must be easier being at peace with Egypt than at war) but will not be able to kill every militant islamic. Neither will we. A lasting and meaningful peace is only going to result from some other solution... and that's going to have to involve more than intelligence and firepower.
--Ian
Mills75

agreed

Post by Mills75 »

good thoughts- action last resort-talk and make efforts all for it.rather peace then war anyday just a fine balance to know what is right sometimes and we're still looking for the right answers

Jeff

Return to “Realist Training”