Red Sox yes! Kerry no!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Did anybody catch Pedro's speech about game 2.
Something about a mango tree and not having bus fare.
He'll be a Yankee soon........

If you can make it there.....
you'll make it anywhere..........

written in October

I must be psychic.
Right town, wrong team. :D

f.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Good call...

Pedro was a gonner... He's past his peak, and can't go on speed alone any more. And he doesn't seem to have the control (now) that would allow him to be a first-tier pitcher from this point on. Any pitcher can be a great pitcher if they have excellent ball placement. Pedro was wild as hell this last year. He has chronic shoulder problems, lacks endurance for his speed style of pitching (six innings at best these days), etc. Santana in comparison makes him look very ordinary.

And yes, he was showing his hand early. He caused discord early in the season with whining about not getting paid enough. The Red Sox already showed (via Nomar) that any prima donna can be replaced.

Good for Pedro is the way I view it. The American League is a little too tough for him in the waning years of his career. Like Clemons, he'll be able to look good against the offensive trash in the National League. Let him enjoy the money and a few more good years.

I couldn't picture him with the Yankees. NOBODY could (apparently). Too much bad blood.

Think of all the great NEW talent you can buy with all that Pedro money not spent. 8)

- Bill
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

It would have been fun watching him pitch against the Yankees on opening day when they get their rings. 8)
Also hoping Curt heals well.
Long time to wait for spring, and speculating on the Red Sox is more fun than watching the Celtics these days. Can't give those tickets away.
F.
www.hinghamkarate.com
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I just hope Curt does his rehab and gets in shape. There aren't many with the discipline of a Nolan Ryan who can look good at almost any age. But if anyone can do it, Curt can.

Wells is the biggest surprise for me.

I wasn't impressed with him when he was with the Yankees. Lots of injuries that I take as strictly being from poor conditioning.

One look at his gut tells it all. Back problems?? Whatever from??? :roll: But who knows...maybe he's gotten his act together. There's plenty of potential there if he can get off his ass and work with it.

Great catch at shortstop with Renteria!

Sorry to see Nomar and then Cabrerra go, but I'll "settle" for this guy. :lol:

Not sure yet about their new "lefty" pitcher Halama.

Stats aren't great, but maybe they know something I don't. He's young enough...and you can never have too many lefties.

We shall see...

- Bill
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

f.Channell wrote: Long time to wait for spring, and speculating on the Red Sox is more fun than watching the Celtics these days. Can't give those tickets away.
F.
I'll gladly take them. :)
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

And I'll buy the popcorn.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

- Bill
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

You guys missed it.
Last week the Celtics gave away something like 400 tickets and didn't have enough takers. They still couldn't fill the stands.
It was in the Herald I think.
It's been a long time since Bird.
F.
www.hinghamkarate.com

Return to “Realist Training”