so what do you think?

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

What do you think Laird?

I think that the deserter will say anything to get sympathy for his sorry sack of $hit self.

Post by Guest »

I think he let his buddies down and we should send him home to face them and the music.

Post by Guest »

I also think he committed a crime in his home country and we should not harbor criminals.
2Green

Post by 2Green »

This part says it best:
" it is seemingly "preposterous" for an American to seek asylum in Canada."

Canada's policies on asylum and immigration are seemingly implemented to suit the moment, not any consistent pattern.
We help strippers get in, reject a Russian family by turning them out on the high seas, make a woman stay in a church basement for a year, allow borderline-maybe terrorists and retired alleged nazi war criminals protection under our so-called "law", whatever THAT is...

(In Canada, courts make the laws, police make the laws, legislature nods approvingly, and all laws protect the accused and trample the victim.)
So my question is:...

Why in THE HELL would anyone want to seek asylum HERE?!
Once you're actually a Canadian you don't HAVE any rights anymore!

I can't remember the last time I obeyed a law I got to vote on, or saw a policeman as a friend.
Our country is over-ridden by Leftist whiners who try to regulate everything except common sense.

To the point, this man signed up for duty, perhaps to get a college education but suddenly realized he actually had to fulfill the duties he signed up for. The Army does emphasize college education in their advertisements, not shooting people.

Military service means obeying commands and not asking questions.
If you have questions, don't join. Simple as that.
I would have MUCH more sympathy for this person if he had defected to avoid the draft.
Did he sign up voluntarily? Then he wears it.
Was he drafted? Law of the land. Leave before you're eligible.

But defecting to Canada? "Preposterous."
After all, our asylum laws only protect strippers, maybe-terrorists and accused nazi war criminals.

NM

Return to “Realist Training”