I sort of felt ashamed, and didn't really want to be ...

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Well said, Justin.

I'm running with the joke, my man! :P One good razz deserves another, which deserves another... 8)

- Bill
Panther

Post by Panther »

Valkenar wrote:As for the bumper sticker, lighten up, it's a joke. :)
I didn't mean to sound so "serious". :wink: I was in kind of a hurry and didn't take any time to "smiley" my post. Sorry. And apologies to Gene if he felt it was some sort of admonishment or something. It wasn't meant to be. Just "thinking about it out loud" really...

Here's another thought on that bumper-sticker... It would get lost with a lot of the Fundamentalist Christians who are very, very Conservative Republicans. There's a large group of them that have boycotted Harry Potter because of the (gasp!) "witchcraft and evil lessons it teaches the children"... I bet they wouldn't even get who Voldemort IS, so the point of the bumper-sticker, would probably only get through to those who are like-minded on the subject. While that's OK, the whole idea of the stickers Bill mentioned seemed to be that everyone could get it.

But, if you want to get a bumper-sticker made and pass them out or sell them, go for it! Capitalism at it's best as someone else has already pointed out.
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Just as long as we haven't lost our taste for whimsy....

And if I think discourteously of Republicans, so what?

Not grieving, Bill, Just disappointed.

Counting down the days until June 16th,
Gene

Return to “Realist Training”