Where's Osama?

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
f.Channell

Where's Osama?

Post by f.Channell »

Doesn't this story strike you as strange.
http://www.pmq.com/cgi-script/csNews/cs ... d=620&op=t
An American mercenary is jailed in Afghanistan for trying to find and eliminate OSB.
A pizza parlor owner is apparently in trouble or being ridiculed for supplying 1 million U.S. to find him.
Have we lost focus on who we went to the Middle East to get in the first place?
F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

The United States has offered bounties of $25m and $10m for the capture of Saudi-born Osama Bin Laden and Mullah Omar in connection with the 11 September attacks.

And a pizza parlor in San Francisco comes up with $1m.

Why don't we offer more?
I bet if there was a telethon we could come up with $250m easy.

They found Sadam easy enough.....

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I believe in economics they call it the law of diminishing returns.

Where Osama is, they wouldn't know what to do with $25 million. And OBL himself has plenty of bin Laden family inheritance to throw around to keep the natives happy.

Last I heard, the CIA chief said we pretty much know where he is (in rural Pakistan) but have to violate some sovereignty (piss off those that allow the Pakistani ruler to stay in power) to get him. The way I see it, we'd trundle through some tribal regions for long enough really to tick off the whole world before we had any chance of getting him - assuming he didn't flee.

Patience...

I'm not so worried about him. Even if we get rid of bin Laden and Omar, we'll have a generation or so of terrorism to deal with. These days, al qaeda is fairly disperse and with a decentralized power structure. It'll be like chopping up starfish until we can change some Middle East governments in the right direction. (IMO)

- Bill
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

"The way I see it, we'd trundle through some tribal regions for long enough really to tick off the whole world before we had any chance of getting him - assuming he didn't flee."

And he certainly knows this.
He may be intelligent which could be his undoing if it`s allowed to feed itself in isolation. Analyse him, and make him feel
unimportant which in truth he now is. If he becomes a liability to his own kind, then he will be gone at no additional cost.
Léo
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

I believe in economics they call it the law of diminishing returns.

Where Osama is, they wouldn't know what to do with $25 million. And OBL himself has plenty of bin Laden family inheritance to throw around to keep the natives happy.

Last I heard, the CIA chief said we pretty much know where he is (in rural Pakistan) but have to violate some sovereignty (piss off those that allow the Pakistani ruler to stay in power) to get him. The way I see it, we'd trundle through some tribal regions for long enough really to tick off the whole world before we had any chance of getting him - assuming he didn't flee.

Patience...

I'm not so worried about him. Even if we get rid of bin Laden and Omar, we'll have a generation or so of terrorism to deal with. These days, al qaeda is fairly disperse and with a decentralized power structure. It'll be like chopping up starfish until we can change some Middle East governments in the right direction. (IMO)

- Bill

Its not just about sovernty, its also about the fact that the tribal regions of pakistan are the most violent and perhaps most lawless places on the planet. Even the soldiers are scared to go there.
(piss off those that allow the Pakistani ruler to stay in power)
Dont make assumptions.
those villiagers and pathans dont have any power outside thier lawless region. They have nothing to do with him being in power. Infact, if you talk to them(they go in the city from time to time, they often cell weapons illigally) they HATE musharaf, because he is making life hellf or them. If the war in terror did not exist, musharaf would do nothing to them, and let them spread thier currupton, but musharaf needs american support to stay in power, so he makes life hell for them.
And no, the tribal regions of pakistan are not why musharaf is in power, infact, one of musharafs most progressive actions was making some attempt to bring law to rural pakistan(he failed). Musharaf is in power because he is pro-american, and the fact that my people just mess up democracy every time they have it.(i visited pakistan when it was a democracy, the political parties acted like gangs, there were bombings and gun fights regularly on the streets. Pakistan needs to develop more before it gets democracy, but musharaf, being like most dictators, wont give his power up when pakistan can handle a democracy)
We talk of democracy being the ultimate political system, and it is....when the country can handle it without corruption. Look at what happened to democracies in africa? They start good, but then turn into dictatorships when they arnt developed. Or Iran, they have real democratic voting, but who ever they elect, no matter how progressive, cant do anything because of those stupid extremist clerics, who hold the real power wont allow change. And then there is pakistan, it had a good democracy for a while, but because it was so third world, so unorganized, it erupted with the parties have gun fights. Which i think is happening to iraq(they should be bringing MORE soldiers into iraq)

As for osama your right about him, he will come down when the middle east goes in the right direction.

Return to “Realist Training”