Thes People are Despicable

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Kevin Mackie

Thes People are Despicable

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Protesters To Disrupt Soldier's Funeral
Radical Church Group Says U.S. Being Punished

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/46 ... etail.html

Yeah, everyone's got a right to free speech and free assembly, but there's a time and place for eveything. This ain't it!

Protesting at the funeral of someone you gave their all so these extremists can have the right to protest just pisses me off.

They can't seriously call themselves Christians??? :twisted:
IJ

Post by IJ »

www.godhatesfags.com/main

These are the unchristians who protested outside of Matt Shephard's funeral. There is an easy way to deal with them, or so the "fags" have learned, and this may be why they're now disrupting a (presumably) heterosexual's funeral. Simply collect donations. People happily donate based on the length of the protest so that the longer these people harrass their victims, the more they aid the causes they hate. Works great! Talk about making lemonade.
--Ian
Mills75

wow

Post by Mills75 »

This group is nuts and should not be allowed to call themselves right wing or christian. It is horrible what they are doing and extremely disgusting. I hate when radical goofballs like these groups use the term right wing or christian in the name of what they are doing which I would venture to guess any true right wing or christian group would denounce immediately. That's plain sickening and to me for saying what they say about the U.S. they should be treated as traitors. They don't deserve to live here and enjoy our freedoms.
Jeff
mikemurphy

The hated group

Post by mikemurphy »

Now I don't agree with anything this group stands for or has done (especially its latest protest), but you are all just feeding into it with your hate. This is what they espouse and what you are giving them. Don't pay attention to them and they will disappear and go back to whence they came.

As for they not deserving to live or enjoy their freedom, don't fall into that trap either because like it or not, I would say that 99% of the soldiers out there are serving their country because they believe they are ensureing freedom for everyone, not just the people who think like you do.

mike
IJ

Post by IJ »

I used to hate em Mike. Now I see them as unwitting allies and fundraising tools! Seriously, you can't easily ignore chanting and hate speech at your son's funeral. And we can't stop them from getting on TV. Turning their protests against them is a mature, legal, freedom-celebrating, productive, calm and level headed solution. And it has removed some hate from my gut, which is a lovely side effect.

Agreed with you that THEIR speech is the kind that freedom of speech and association is designed to protect.

Additionally, it IS christian and it IS right wing. It's not mainstream, but its part of a spectrum from wacko right--to wacko left.
--Ian
Mills75

Hi

Post by Mills75 »

I respect all the views and the rights to make them known
of course. In my opinion only I don't think they do represent what right wing or christian is at all. To me saying they do categorizes a whole wide ranging group into one basket. Something we always have other posts attempting to avoid.I have to say only in my opinion of course I don't believe any soldier would fight for the right of another person to disturb the funeral of another service man or woman. I think some things are more privledges like driving than they are really rights. Like you don't have the right to yell fire in a crowded theatre would be something that isn't condoned in the same light I don't think disturbing a persons funeral to make your point is the proper venue to display your views and I think if you asked the soldiers if they would fight for someone who was planning on disturbing the rights of another soldier who died to have a peaceful and respectful funeral I would venture to guess not a one would fight for that right if that is what you call it. I guess i have the right to pee in someones flower bed but I don't choose to exercise those kinds of rights because of respect for the other person.

Jeff
Jeff
IJ

Post by IJ »

They probably wouldn't say they were fighting for the right to disturb a funeral, I agree. But I bet the would say that they were fighting for their and your right to free speech, and free speech always comes at a cost--if no one can tell you what to say, no one can tell anyone else what to say, predetermined limits excepted.
--Ian

Return to “Realist Training”