Oh, how appropriate!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
mikemurphy

Oh, how appropriate!

Post by mikemurphy »

I don't know how long this will last, but for those of you who wish a good laugh, go to Google.com and type in "failure" (minus the quotation marks). Then press the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

I'm still laughing!

mike
ljr

Post by ljr »

Yeah, this is an example of Google-Bombing....
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/ ... ilure.html
Google's search results are generated by computer programs that rank web pages in large part by examining the number and relative popularity of the sites that link to them. By using a practice called googlebombing, however, determined pranksters can occasionally produce odd results. In this case, a number of webmasters use the phrases [failure] and [miserable failure] to describe and link to President Bush's website, thus pushing it to the top of searches for those phrases. We don't condone the practice of googlebombing, or any other action that seeks to affect the integrity of our search results, but we're also reluctant to alter our results by hand in order to prevent such items from showing up. Pranks like this may be distracting to some, but they don't affect the overall quality of our search service, whose objectivity, as always, remains the core of our mission.
A similar thing will happen if you go to the google home page and put in "french military victories" and then click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

cheers,
ljr
TheGreatWhiteBuffalo

Post by TheGreatWhiteBuffalo »

That pretty much sums it up!
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
mikemurphy

Post by mikemurphy »

I think the link and keyword go right along with his latest approval ratings.

mike
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Maybe... And I think a Bush hater can has his laugh. That's politics.

But you know what? I think back in history when we had the last 2-term president. Let's see now... What were his accomplishments at about this time in his second term?

Hmm.... :roll:

Oohhhh yeeaaaaa!!!!! :idea:

You can't keep a good man down, you know... ;)

- Bill
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

So?

Gene
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Yea you're right, Gene. Looks like the country was in better hands back then... ;)

- Bill

Post by Guest »

:lol:
mikemurphy

Post by mikemurphy »

You know, as president of the best economic times in US history, didn't he deserve a little (or big looking at that picture) break for the stress of the office?

I'd pick Clinton's choice of pasttimes over Bush's. Wouldn't you?

http://www.laughparty.com/view/id/1085/ ... /1/cat/47/

mike
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Mike wrote: I'd pick Clinton's choice of pasttimes over Bush's. Wouldn't you?
Absolutely not.

Both young Bill and GW were hellions in their day. But Bill is a sociopathic liar, and I do not use that expression lightly. Except for the pot smoking of course; we all know he didn't inhale.... :roll: At least with GW, what you see is what you get. He admits to drinking his way through undergrad.

I don't fault either Bill or George for partying or being bad boys. I had my days... That's what youth is for. The question is, who grows up enough to own up to their behavior and do something about it? And if you're going to continue to be a bad boy, well why not just admit it and get over it?

But that would be way too mature a thing to do...

The big mistake Bush's enemies keep making is underestimating his intelligence and discipline. That's fine by me... 8)

And I personally don't put much faith in polls, particularly when the going gets tough. I don't want a president who is popular or liked; I want one who has the courage to follow his convictions. That's a sign of true leadership.
Well they say time loves a hero
but only time will tell
If he's real, he's a legend from heaven
If he ain't he was sent here from hell
I'm going to live long enough to show you how right Bush's policies were, Mike. He's far from a perfect president - particularly on the spending front and the concessions he makes to the social conservatives. But other than that, he's got it right.

Meanwhile... You should have heard the beating Clinton's legacy took today on Meet the Press. Instead of confronting the Saudis to get access to information about an Iranian terrorist attack, he solicited the Crown Prince for a donation to his library. It took until the Bush administration to get the FBI access to information that Clinton said couldn't be gotten. Imagine that!!

Meanwhile, the Iranians were laughing their a$$es off with what they got away with. That kind of Clinton spinelessness led to OBL training his merry men for what came about on 9/11.

Little did OBL know that Bush would make him spend the rest of his life in a hole somewhere on the Pakistan border. :twisted: If Slick Willie had those kinds of cahones, we wouldn't be talking about Afghanistan and Iraq today.

- Bill

P.S I'll be happy to quote the MTP transcript when it comes online.
RACastanet

Post by RACastanet »

What Bill said!

Rich
Member of the world's premier gun club, the USMC!
chewy

Bush's intelligence

Post by chewy »

I don't think anyone in the Blue states is underestimating Bush's intelligence. "nit-wit" is probably an overestimate. :wink:

cheers,

chewy
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Exactly my point...

Those without the Yale undergrad and Harvard MBA pedigree understandably feel a need to bring those they disagree with down to their level... ;)
President George W. Bush is the very first President to hold a Masters Degree in Business Administration. Even better (or worse, depending on your perspective), his MBA is from Harvard Business School, where postgraduate management training was invented in the early part of the last century, and which to many stands as a symbol of the good, the bad, and the ugly faces of modern management. Harvard MBAs indisputably lead more major corporations, receive higher starting salaries fresh out of school, and carry with them more élan and glamour than the graduates of any rival business schools – facts which do not necessarily lead to admiration and love.

The comparatively small amount of attention paid by the political press to the President’s Harvard MBA partially reflects a generalized ignorance of, and hostility toward, the degree itself. More importantly, acknowledging that he learned any valuable intellectual perspectives would contradict the storyline that young W was a party animal, who coasted through his elite education, scarcely cracking a book. In other words, as the left never tires of claiming, he is too “stupid” to have picked up any tricks across the Charles River from Harvard Square.

This is patently incorrect. Having attended Harvard Business School at the same time as the President, graduating from the two-year program a year after he did, and then serving on its faculty after a year’s interval spent writing a PhD thesis, I am intimately familiar with the rigors of the program at the time, and the miniscule degree of slack cut for even the most well-connected students, when their performance did not make the grade.

There is simply no way on earth that the son of the then-Ambassador to China (technically, head of the Beijing Liaison Office), or anyone else, could have coasted through Harvard Business School with a “gentleman’s C.” I never, ever heard of a case of an incompetent student being allowed to graduate, simply because a certain family was prominent. On the contrary, I did hear stories of well-born students having to leave prior to graduation. The academic standards were a point of considerable pride.
- Thomas Lifson

- Bill
chewy

not every Blue voter is Ivy League material

Post by chewy »

:(
I realize we are just trading barbs, but I'm almost insulted every time someone accuses me of being jealous of Ivy Leaguers (esp., those ubiquitous MBA holders). "Book learned" (Harvard or otherwise) does not equate to wisdom or competence to do anything IMHO (other than absorb information).

At the very least GW needs to stay off camera. The guy is an embarasment every time he needs to go "off message". :roll:

cheers,

chewy
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

And the Ivy League is just an intercollegiate athletic conference anyway....

Gene

Return to “Realist Training”