Cat Stevens

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
CANDANeh

Cat Stevens

Post by CANDANeh »

Cat Steven`s was considered a threat???? Ok fine but this guy bites the hand that feeds him. Incredible what some people will say.
2 thumbs up for South Park...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/2 ... index.html
Léo
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

I hold all fascists in contempt, regardless of whether there is a religious component to their belief system. OTOH, I don't think this is a shining moment for Southpark. I tried to watch some of that episode and lost interest. I thought it was funny when the Barbara Streisand robot dinosaur thingy sang a duet with Neil Diamond (sort of), but the basic idea here seems to be shocking people by depicting religious leaders in a humiliatingly mundane or even ridiculous way with no other significant commentary. Seems quite low-brow to me, "dum, dum, dum, dum, dum." At least, I think it's a great distance from the episode on Joseph Smith, which was "smart, smart, smart, smart, smart". I defend their right to be pointless and stupid, I guess.
Mike
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

I liked the episode and trust the gods are secure enough in themselves that they can laugh or turn the channel. My spouse also dislikes (South Park) it as she finds it pointless.
Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee and others (note his remarks about a country he is residing in) will use even cartoons in order to stir themselves up. Now his web site is shut down...I wonder if he is on the "watch list".
Parker & Stone i think knew they would stir up the hornets...i applaud them.
Léo
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

Oh, I like Southpark in general. I thought this episode was stupid.
Mike
CANDANeh

Can not resist

Post by CANDANeh »

How could not the one that created him (in his own image) not find this somewhat funny.

Oh, I like Southpark in general . I thought this episode was stupid.
fair enough...you may live :wink:
Léo
Jason Rees
Site Admin

Post by Jason Rees »

Jesus has been dragged through the mud for 2,000 years. It won't hurt the Prophet to get a little face-time.
Life begins & ends cold, naked & covered in crap.

Return to “Realist Training”