Thanks for the soapbox

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Thanks for the soapbox

Post by Panther »

I want to thank GEM-sensei for the new Forum. I consider it an honor and pledge to do everything in my power to make it successful with the same high standards that other forums have exhibited.

Tough Issues...

It's pretty open as to topics, so bring 'em on! I'll try my best to leave enough room on the soapbox for everyone. Image
Panther

Thanks for the soapbox

Post by Panther »

The posts that were here have been deleted by ME. In light of the way the opinions were being conveyed and other information that came to my attention, I feel that those posts are offensive and counter-productive in the greater interests of these moderated forums.

As far as I'm concerned, certain things should be done in private and some "dirty laundry" is just no one else's business... The people involved in this are in the process of and will work this through and these Uechi-ka will form even stronger bonds in the end.

If they don't, I'm kickin' @$$... Image

[This message has been edited by Panther (edited January 22, 2001).]
Van Canna

Thanks for the soapbox

Post by Van Canna »

Delete your post?

(NOTE: I deleted them and caution that posts that are offensive or can be perceived as personally attacking will be removed. The only exceptions are valid discussions where someone gets too passionate, realizes their error and apologizes. Even those will be monitored closely. I've been given a great honor by GEM-sensei in having this forum and with that comes a certain responsibility. I won't take that responsibility lightly. I've kept Canna-sensei's reply, edited away the references and responses to the original posts, but left the essence because there are some important sentiments contained herein.)

(snippage)

The first thing to keep in mind is that the seniors on these pages do not consider themselves “ Masters” of anything. We are just fallible human beings, perhaps even more so than the less “rank” laden ones.

...consider the law of the “ I Nucleus __

Are you familiar with it?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
The room, the territory, is mine, and I am at its nucleus. Everything in the universe begins with me _ for me. Look out at the stars. View them from three hundred and sixty degrees. Are you not in the center of the universe? Look at the occupants in the room. As you turn, are they not, from your perspective, also turning, with you as the axis? Admit it, are you not at the nucleus of your own Universe?

Kind of makes you think, doesn’t it?

------------------
Van Canna

[This message has been edited by Panther (edited January 22, 2001).]

Return to “Realist Training”