Showtime

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

Nothing "challenging" or "personal" here Mr. Hawkins. I am responding only for myself and not sensei Rabesa. His forum here is for teaching these particular movements. If you or anyone has a question about how to practice and improve their moves, those questions will be answered. We all respect your experience and ideas, however, this is not the forum for your "style" comments. I suggest you contact sensei Mattson and request your own forum for expressing your ideas. As sensei Rabesa has said many times, any attack can be questioned but the "what if" questions are not welcome here. Mr. Rabesa will be at the Mattson summer camp to give live demonstrations of what he is posting here. He suggest attending these live sessions as that is the only way to effectively show exactly what he teaches.
Respectfully,
Bill Bauknecht
JimHawkins

Post by JimHawkins »

caddybill wrote: We all respect your experience and ideas, however, this is not the forum for your "style" comments.
The "style comments" are actually tactical comments, not style specific, since anyone can do them and especially since the moves are already part of what is in Uechi IMO..

But if contrasting or supplemental training ideas in this area of specialization are undesired then I certainly won't post them here...
Shaolin
M Y V T K F
"Receive what comes, stay with what goes, upon loss of contact attack the line" – The Kuen Kuit
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

I understand Mr. Hawkins, and after to talking to sensei Mattson, we should have set up a list of rules before starting this forum. When Mr. Rabesa post this coming week, we will list those rules for posting here. The forum invites questions only about the subject being posted here. "Contrasting or supplemental training" ideas are good, but, he is not looking for that on this forum as his time is limited. Speaking for myself, I encourage you and others to join in one or any of the other forums available to you.
Bill B.
Art Rabesa

Re: Showtime From 2008 Max Ainley

Post by Art Rabesa »

catching up now that I have added a computer to my life. The question pertains to my use of open hand, or non fist strikes in close. That is because there is not enough room real close to use a closed hand. Quite frankly Max, I can hit harder with an open hand. The short quick one knuckle is one of my favorites when I get REAL close. The arm stays relaxed when the hand remains open. The result is a very explosive delivery and BANG. I go over this quite a lot in my web site, Check it out. I hope it clears up your question. Happy Trails Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”