say hello

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

say hello

Post by Art Rabesa »

Here is something that will help you "say hello" to that bad guy. This was filmed at Tracy Rose's dojo in Northbourgh Massachusetts during a fighting seminar. Take it back to your dojo. Practice it. Refer back to the video from time to time. This will help with body mechanics, distance perception, and space awareness. Hope it helps. -----www.artrabesauechikarate.com --------click on blocking strikes -------click on blocking infighting intro ------- on the uechi ryu wheel. Happy Trails ------Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: say hello

Post by Art Rabesa »

The easiest and best way to really understand this is to get to the web site. However, I can try to bring out the importance of this move. Moves like this will put you up front and personal. I have a few of these hand explosions that you can practice. There all on the web site. What these techniques do is give you terrific body mechanics. It closes the distance so fast , that you have to add many more strikes to it. It is like running down hill.You really have no choice with these moves. You are really busting in there like you are running down hill. As you fire in, you either grab him and hold on, or keep pumping those strikes. The running punch is another technique that does this same thing. I have more, but they all do one thing, and that is get you in close. Once you coordinate these moves, adding leg thrusts to them just gives you more thunder coming in. REMEMBER ---- SPEED KILLS. -------Happy Trails -----Art
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”