Boxing MMA Jiu Jitsu Judo

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

Re: Boxing MMA Jiu Jitsu Judo

Post by Art Rabesa »

OK , now we are really getting into that "easier said then done" situation. I write about reading in my book "Kumite". To be able to read the other guy is a great advantage. Telling what they are about to do right at that time they begin their attack. Sounds real good right? This is no different then anything else in the training. It takes time and lots of sparring. It takes time taking kicks, and your opponent coming at you quickly. You begin to pick up different pre - movements. Different attacks coming from certain stances. Certain movements of the shoulders or feet just before he pulls the trigger. Little things that the body does when a certain technique is beginning. Knowing what he will have trouble defending by his stance or how he moves his feet. All this becomes like reading instructions to defeat that guy. All this takes a lot of practice. However, it can be done. I demonstrate this many times when I teach fighting. When you learn to read really well, you can actually hit him just as he begins his attack. The best time to attack is when he is just about to unload something. As far as hitting him as he shoots. Well, thats what being able to read is all about. That, and being able to have that hair trigger I keep talking about. Remember, hitting very hard from very close always gives you the upper hand. Hope this helps. ------Art
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Van

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”