MULTIPLE ATTACK

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

MULTIPLE ATTACK

Post by Art Rabesa »

To defend yourself against more than one attacker is a nightmare. Even the best martial artist would find this difficult. Survival is the key here. It is a situation where you just want to be able to get out of there. How do I do that? How do I train to handle a multiple attack? No training method is a sure thing. What I suggest, is the following mind set approach to this. First - be aware of exactly what you are dealing with. Weapons involved? Location? Escape route? Assistance possible? A quick look will give you this. Because, there are times when these attackers do not want to get involved with a crazy person with skills. This isn't always the case, but many times it is. Your mind set is not concerning yourself with personal injury. Same mind set when you are fighting. There is no time to worry about getting injured now. The principle of attacking or defending comes into play here. Attacking is the way to go here. SO!!! here is what you practice in the dojo. Hands on that steering wheel at 10 and 2. Get a few heavy bags and stand them on the floor with people holding them. Practice the low, fast leg thrusts to the bags. Moving from one bag to another quickly. Firing the front thrust - shin thrust - and stomp thrust into the heavy bags. These are almost impossible to stop and will do a lot of damage. Keep your hands at 10 and 2 throughout your attack. Have some others holding smaller striking pads near the heavy bags. When you collapse one heavy bag , fire your hands into the striking pads on your way to the next heavy bag. Do this until all the heavy bags are down. Get back in line because you are going through it a few more times. These low explosive leg thrusts ,and tight hand strikes, are going to hit some targets and cause damage. Will this allow you to be able to get out of there? This will give you better odds in surviving this multiple attack. This is all that you can hope for here. Remember please --- practice the leg thrusts and tight hand strikes for a better chance of surviving a multiple attack. Lets hope you never have to actually use it. When you detect a path out of there - take it. Get to the police to report it ,and hope they can track down and take these punks into custody. -------Happy Trails -----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: MULTIPLE ATTACK

Post by Art Rabesa »

I just posted a topic on Van Canna's forum concerning training with shoes on. I believe we all will be wearing shoes out there in society, unless you are confronted at the beach. Shoes are quite a weapon and can cause a great deal of damage to the attackers. Check out the post under "Explosive Uechi Ryu" on Van's forum. It'll bring out what I refer to. Practice your kicks and leg thrusts with shoes on. You may need it. ----Happy Trails ----Art
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Yes, good post Art...and also a caveat might be in order...kicking someone with shoes on will get you charged with assault and battery with a 'shod foot'...but you got do what you got do for self preservation.
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

I can only tell you Massachusetts law and Rhode Island. In Mass. under Mass. General Laws C.269-S.10 different weapons are listed as illegal, such as double edged knives, switch blades, stillettos, nunchuka, shurikens, black jacks, sap gloves, etc.

Of course the dangerous weapon statute can be applied to anything used as a weapon in a fights as some have already stated.

Rhode Island is more liberal as the martial arts weapons mentioned above and others aren't illegal to possess by statute. As far as assault and battery goes, martial arts experience, boxing and so forth is not listed anywhere in the books as to have any bearing on charges if used in a fight.

Of course a kick used with a heavy boot or shoe considered a shod foot and can be charged with a felony (dangerous weapon-shod foot) rather then a misdemeanor.

Years ago, shod foot, the felony could be charged with any covering over the foot, ex. moccasins, sneakers.

However, with the popularity of the martial arts many were kicking much more often on the street and many were charged with felonious A&B (D/W-dangerous weapon-shod foot)- so in the early 80's the District Attorney's Office started reducing the charge to a misdemeanor if the shoe worn was like a sneaker or moccasin.
Van
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

I think we all want to survive an attack. To concern ourselves with being charged with assault does not register when being set upon. This is clearly a self defense situation. I wonder what would happen if the one being attacked grabbed a rock for defense. Is that OK in a self defense situation? I'll concern myself with the law after I deal with those trying to harm me. Maybe I'll look around for a rock or pipe. The difference here is that I do not need a rock or pipe. -----Happy Trails ------Art
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Good points Art, and I agree...same as when using a bonafide weapon, as I always recommend in certain situations, multiple attacks in particular, where the very nature of that attack is considered 'deadly force'...
Van

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”