RAPID FIRE

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

RAPID FIRE

Post by Art Rabesa »

To fire a series of strikes rapidly is a great infighting skill. To cover different hitting zones rapidly, will take lots of practice. Rapid fire is a great striking skill to have in any combat situation, especially when it gets real close. After a terrible New England winter, I have the Grizzly Adams look. I'll shave when spring comes so I won't scare people. Have a look -----Happy Trails -----Art
https://youtu.be/WdgA6LSv35M
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: RAPID FIRE

Post by Art Rabesa »

I consider the ability to fire a burst of strikes rapidly pretty damn good. To defend these strikes is a nightmare. To perform "Rapid Fire" you must be able to strike repeatedly with your hand, or hands, remaining on the target. To hit different spots rapidly, your body mechanics come into play. Your foundation has to be solid to allow the body to torque into each strike. There are two ways to practice this. The first way is to set yourself at the heavy bag real close. Work both hands moving the strikes to different spots. Keep yourself real close, letting the bag actually bump against you as you strike. Practice going from the closed hand to the open hand. Slip the elbow and forearm strikes in between the other strikes. This is a good workout. The second way is to hold on to the bag, or at least keep one hand on the bag while striking. This is my favorite way of rapid fire strikes. You are grasping the target with one hand and holding on tight. You are using the bad guys body to maintain your stability and power. This also assures that you stay glued to the target while striking. You are only using one hand to strike but it is a great way to drive each strike real deep. You are able to use your grip to control yourself as you hit. Try grabbing with the left and right hand. You've got to be able to do this striking with either hand. A very fast burst of strong strikes will take out what ever is in it's path. Practice this. It will give you a lot of confidence when working real close. ------Happy Trails ----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: RAPID FIRE

Post by Art Rabesa »

This is what I'm referring to on the above post. Rapid fire while holding on tight. A nightmare for the one on the receiving end. -----Happy Trails -----Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTr9Epoue0
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”