Bar Follies

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

Bar Follies

Post by Art Rabesa »

If you know things like this happen in places like this, and you continue to go to places like this ---Well "Happy Trails" my friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_vr-yDwZcM
Art Rabesa
Maurice Soque

Re: Bar Follies

Post by Maurice Soque »

The time must have been after midnight...they say nothing good ever happens in a bar - after midnight. A few observations: It looks like the marine in question stopped talking and wanted to take care of business. He moved incredibly fast, and hit incredible hard. Great use of the head but, one of my personal favorites...I have used it, it works.

I watched another video on Youtube: a young kung fu martial artist against a young gang type kid. They clashed 3 times, on the 3rd clash the kung fu kid struck with his radial forearm to just below his opponents left ear ... and the gang kid instantly dropped to the ground with his eyes rolled back. The kung fu kid must have studied your website videos.

I enjoy and constantly use the videos on your website for my training. It is an excellent training/teaching tool, thanks for providing your viewpoints on Uechi-Ryu, I don't need to elaborate on why it works...you do a good enough job, please continue to share. http://artrabesauechikarate.com/

Yours in Uechi-Ryu, Maurice Soque
NEB

Re: Bar Follies

Post by NEB »

The Marine, as pointed out in one of the comments, suckered both of the other dudes. That multiplies his power tremendously. as we see in that Brit knockout game. Or, countless prizefights where a fighter is ko'ed really hard by a shot he failed to see coming. Let's see how our Marine buddy does when the other guy knows what's up.

One really good lesson here is that of the second guy to go down, if you're going to get involved in a confrontation, be ready for what is likely to come your way, especially from someone with as little character as that Marine demonstrated.
"Well, let's get to the rat killing..."

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”