GRAB AND BANG

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

GRAB AND BANG

Post by Art Rabesa »

When I'm in real tight, I like to grab and bang. Have a look. -----Happy Trails ----Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJTr9Epoue0
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: GRAB AND BANG

Post by Art Rabesa »

While viewing the "grab and bang" lesson video, please be aware of keeping the tightness. The grabbing hand maintains the closeness at all times. Even if you go down. The reason is to stay in your comfort zone and take him out of his. Once you become comfortable in close, you'll be able to do this. The grabbing hand holds tight and maintains that closeness. You're simply keeping in your comfort zone while delivering tight strong strikes. He'll grab and try to push you off, or take you to the ground. This is where you keep tight to him. I do realize that this is easier said than done. However, if you train for this type of hitting, you'll be able to deliver it. The grab and bang method only works if you are able to do it. That's why it takes lots of practice. Foundation and sanchins power base is a must. Just being able to hit strong is not the only thing that is needed here. As he struggles and fights back, you must maintain your foundation and grasp. Using his movements to enhance your strikes will also be a key. This can be practiced without striking your partner. The actual power hitting comes about on training aids. "Infighting" usually ends up like this. You should be aware of this and put it in your training program. Watch the video and practice this method of striking.
Happy Trails ------Art
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”