My two favorite hitters

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

My two favorite hitters

Post by Art Rabesa »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl54yDbpRP4 -----------------------The Rock and Iron Mike. They came from different times in boxing history. I love the way they hit. Close and tight. Their arm never leaves that tight arc when delivering the punch. Both men were not very tall. I don't believe they were more than 5'10'. Rocky was undefeated 40 - 0. The Rock was only 183 pounds in the heavyweight division way back when. He knocked out a lot of much bigger fighters. The same with Mike Tyson. Mike did go around 215 though. I love their foundations when working in close. Everything comes off the good body mechanics they have. If they ever could meet, I wouldn't know who would be the winner. I guess the one that gets his patented power punch in would prevail. These two fighters are my favorite hitters of all time. The best hitters in fighting history would be a great discussion, with many different opinions. Just watch the way the Rock and Mike Tyson move, and hit. Man -- that's power. ---------Happy Trails----- Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: My two favorite hitters

Post by Art Rabesa »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fsGIq0t6YY -----------------------Old school training. Rocky would tie his feet about 30' apart to avoid getting to wide. If you keep an eye on his foundation you'll see that he keeps a pretty even stance. I love the cement throwing. I think Stallone got some of his ideas for his movie "Rocky" from the original Rocky. No frills here. An old training gym with medicine balls and heavy bags, and sparring partners. Vegas? I don't think the Rock even knew where that was. Brockton, Massachusetts was where he was from. Everything came out of Brockton. FYI -- My first dojo was in Brockton. Roots brother. I love the old ways in lots of things. I've been told that I was born at the wrong time. I think so. It is what it is. --------Happy Trails -----Art
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”