This broad is having way too much fun.

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
MikeK

This broad is having way too much fun.

Post by MikeK »

The Bring Them Home Now Tour. Her t-shirt says all we need to know about the mentality of this ninny. Why not "My son was killed in Iraq and all I got was this lousy t-shirt". :roll: :evil:
I was dreaming of the past...
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I also got a strange reaction and even a touch of deja vu when I saw that photo, Mike.

Then I remembered what it reminded me of.

Instead of giggling, sexy, anti-war Jane on a Viet Cong antiaircraft gun mount, we have mom with giddy grin while carried away by two hunks grabbing her by her nethers. Johnny would be proud, I'm sure.

Talk about cognitive dissonance...

- Bill
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

:lol:
And those NVA looked about as thrilled as the USS guys are.

Speaking of Commies Bill, I'm cleaning out my tape box and I have a Systema tape in it's slip box for you. I'm hoping to finally get to class on Saturday so I'll bring it with me.
I was dreaming of the past...
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Cool!

I really like what those Systema folks are doing.

Not everything in Russia was bad; it was just the government. ;) I visited Moscow and St. Petersburg in 1993 as part of a scientific expedition team. Moscow seemed like being on Mars, and I never felt safe there. (Lots of Russian mafia, and kidnapping foreigners for cash.) But the Kremlin was incredible. Seeing all of Napoleon's military equipment left behind after he won the battle of Moscow but lost the war when the citizens burned the city down and fled taught me something about Russian people. Seeing generation after generation of beatiful art work in St. Petersburg (L'Hermitage, and all the statues around the city) was breathtaking. Looking at what little people in Moscow had (in terms of material goods and environmental comfort) and yet how they did just fine was very telling.

When I went there in '93, it was just after the fall of the Berlin wall. I got to visit Lenin's tomb. That day I had the pleasure of seeing a comic strip in the paper which showed all the creative things they could do with that monument after the fall of Communism. I couldn't read any Russian, but I could tell they had an incredible sense of humor and were enjoying being able to exercise their voices.

- Bill

Return to “Realist Training”