Break from politics: Video game violence,sex........

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

Break from politics: Video game violence,sex........

Post by AAAhmed46 »

I wanna stop talking about terrorism, stubborn conservative MPs and Senators, Weak ass liberal MPs and Senators. and what not. Lets talk about...games!

Alright, Grand theft auto:san andreas got in alot of heat a few months ago, because one of the games unlockables was sex with the girlfriends. Now from what i can tell, lots of grandmothers who bought this for thier ten year olds and what not, were shocked to find this out.

Okay....
This is a game about shooting cops.......
Robbing and beating random people......
And stealing cars and running people over........

So....why is it that it was such a shock? These people should never have gotten it to kids so young. If the game is all about stealing cars and shooting cops(in a brutal, and entertaining fashion) why get it for your son anyway?

Im not saying violence and sex should be rampant in games, but if they want to regulate what kids see, why not have rating(they already have them) but actually enforcing them? I mean, if a little ten year old picks up GTA:san andreas, it has a 17+ rating, but the cashier will let him buy it. Why? Enforce it better god damn it!

P.s. Tekken: Best game ever.
Metal gear: Best game ever.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Tekken Best GAME EVER !!!!
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

If the game is all about stealing cars and shooting cops(in a brutal, and entertaining fashion) why get it for your son anyway?
Or someone unstable regardless of age?
Since we failed to ban the violence in Bugs Bunny years ago, which led me on a path of destruction :lol: no need to worry about games of today.
Likely has some negative effects letting younger children play games of violence but no more than thier vivid imaginations can muster up in my opinion. Good points about enforcing the age designations but up to parents or else no "vice cop" will succeed
Léo

Post by Guest »

I have the Looney Tunes Golden Collection on DVD and I must say.. it's pretty wild... like the time when Bugs took sleeping pills so he could aggravate Elmer Fudd in dreamland...

"Someones rockin' my dreamboat..... someones invading my dream... we where sailing along.... peaceful and calm.... suddenly something went wrong...."
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection coming soon........

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/main.htm
-Metablade-

The best game ever

Post by -Metablade- »

The best video game ever will encompass:
1. Virtual reality body suits
2. Pressurized suit bladders for "real impact feel"
3.Online play (a given)

Visualize:
You come home, after a long day's work, strap on the "suit", and total visual immersion "helmet" and take on your game persona as one of your favorite Tekken characters or what have you.

You go online in a real tournament, in exotic locales, with other players from around the world, either one on one, tag team or free for all, and there would be thousands if not millions of spectators either cheering or booing you on.

Blows will be "felt" via the expandable bladders placed at certain points on the body, and these "bladders" could be configured for hard or soft pressure, automatic, or it could be turned off. However, I think locks and throws will be a challenge in the VR world. Also "real" spacing will be an obstacle, (Just imagine if the ring was bigger than your living room, and you do a flying side kick and land on the coffee table.)

Your skill would be not based on the character's abilities, but directly your own, because it would be 100% your own fighting style, good moves, bad moves, skillfull or sloppy, trip or totter.

Worldwide competitions will ensue, and the added benefit will be increased physical fitness of the participants.
The fun measured by this device will be immeasurable.

Also, this could be used for training.
You start off on ""easy" with one weak AI opponent. Then as your skill increases, you fight two, three and four expert opponent AI, then perhaps the last level can be a one against 100 blitz, ie, Bruce Lee style.
Perhaps even weapons could be incorporated as well.

~And the application would not be limited to fighting games,
Imagine playing your favorite sport, or fighting monsters in a dungeon, or flying an F-16.

I predict this will be a 100% certainty in the commercial mainstream in the next 5 years or sooner.

Why do I say this?
Because we have the technology existing today, right now, and if the price were brought down to the consumer level of current platforms (heck even double the price), I'D certainly buy one, wouldn't you?
Why just play the game, when you could be in the game?
And eventually, as the technology is refined, the interface can be minimized to almost zero.

Lastly, I am also certain that the adult industry will take full advance of the technology as well. (I'll leave that entirely to your own imagination.)
Last edited by -Metablade- on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Dude, in a way that would ******, because, you would not have the crazy special combo's from tekken! Id love to do kazuya's demon god fist, but you might not be able to pull that off at all against an AI.
Lets not forget, some people like to play games as an escape, this, though cool, may ruin the fantasy!
You could be the best uechi-ryu guy around, but the same pressure points and what not may not work on a computer.
Could shearing work? Or how if you got a guy by the chin or a headlock, how pressing the tail bone brings him/her down, would that work?
If anything, the only real fighting style you could use in a game like that would be kick boxing, muay thai, or shotokan.

What the hell man? This is so in theory, for all i know, they could invert that!

Return to “Realist Training”