Post your Sanchin Kata Video here

Differences in moves, techniques, emphasis and applications.
CANDANeh

Ahh Richard

Post by CANDANeh »

Your a ball of energy man...can`t remember what we scored you but regardless I enjoyed your performance. Who filmed that anyway...? I wanna be filmed too :wink:
Léo
Spike

Post by Spike »

Thank you for your kind words Leo. Yup, at the end if you turn the sound up you can hear the scores (or at least i can).

My friend showed up at the tournament for long enough to videotape that. Though he didn't stay around for the sparring match, he did get a decent video of the kata.

If I do say so myself, i worked hard on that elbow strike, and am more than pleased with what I see here. 8) And of course I see things that I am going to improve on now that I can see myself doing kata.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

really Nice kata :D

thanks !!!
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

Spike wrote:Thank you for your kind words Leo. Yup, at the end if you turn the sound up you can hear the scores (or at least i can).

My friend showed up at the tournament for long enough to videotape that. Though he didn't stay around for the sparring match, he did get a decent video of the kata.
To bad no one captured on film that back kick you delivered in Yarmouth...we heard those ribs snap. That was one tough dude you faught but there was no recovery from that kick, he had enough difficulty just trying to breath and couldn`t bend over for days. I`m certain if you fight him again he won`t charge in linear again.
Your not JUST a "kata Queen" :lol:
Who gave you the 9.0? I charge $200.00 for that so wasn`t me :wink:
Léo

Post by Guest »

Hahahah! But it was a damn fine kata and no charge for that feed back Richard. Good to put a face to the name!

George's favorite kata BTW, your very fluid and powerful, I liked it a lot! just like Keiths. :lol:
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

next time get footage of the fighting :D , love fighting Uechi-ryu !!!

even Shotokan back kicks !!! :lol: Joking guys joking ........ :roll:

and is good to put a face to the name !!!

Canada Uechi owns !!!! :P :silly:
Spike

Post by Spike »

CANDANeh wrote:To bad no one captured on film that back kick you delivered in Yarmouth...we heard those ribs snap. That was one tough dude you faught but there was no recovery from that kick, he had enough difficulty just trying to breath and couldn`t bend over for days. I`m certain if you fight him again he won`t charge in linear again.
Your not JUST a "kata Queen" :lol:
Who gave you the 9.0? I charge $200.00 for that so wasn`t me :wink:
haha, i don't know who gave the 9.0...I think it was Dave ?

Yeah, he did have wicked punches! It's why i've been working on upper-body movement so much lately ;) Can you believe I lost points for it being an "uncontrollable technique"!!! That's what got me questioning the whole point fighting. Oh well, I did have a fun time.

^.^ It's great to fight different styles; I do enjoy kata...just wish i'd kept my hands up :wink:

Also on a sidenote, it's really really REALLY weird watching yourself perform kata, I pick out all of my flaws the first time, and then figure out what i actually did good the second time. - it's nice when your goods outweigh your bads ;)
Spike

Post by Spike »

Stryke wrote:really Nice kata :D

thanks !!!
Thanks for watching mate 8)
Spike

Post by Spike »

Laird wrote:Hahahah! But it was a damn fine kata and no charge for that feed back Richard. Good to put a face to the name!

George's favorite kata BTW, your very fluid and powerful, I liked it a lot! just like Keiths. :lol:
It sure is nice to put a face to a name...show the kata to Tom next time you see him -EH- (us Canadians always say eh :wink: )

"George's favorite kata BTW" - 8O ... not sure what to comment here...yay grapevine! 8)
Spike

Post by Spike »

Stryke wrote:next time get footage of the fighting :D , love fighting Uechi-ryu !!!
Canada Uechi owns !!!! :P :silly:
Honestly, it helps to have as many instructors as I've had over the years...and I'm proud to say there is quality in our quantity of instructors!

...It's late, and thanks for the feedback ya'll! It sure is nice to get some once in awhile ^_^

Return to “Focus on KATA”