Food for thought

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
-Metablade-

Food for thought

Post by -Metablade- »

There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

If that is food for thought, then it must be McDonalds french fries, krispy kreme donoughts or some other un healthy food.
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Not that I am convinced either way, but there are many questions I'd like the answer to, which are not forthcoming.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Well be good to yourself and eat a heaping bowl of ice cream with 'jimmies' every night before bed. :wink:
Van
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Huh?
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

-Metablade- wrote:Huh?
:wink:
Van
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Jimmies = the New England term for sprinkles.

I said to my southern wife... "you never heard of Jimmies??"

Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Meta,

Sorry for causing perplexion. I dozed off at the keyboard and shot off what was in my dreams. :D
Van
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

I'll assume sir that this is your nice way of telling me I'm off my nut...

:lol:
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

The same wild speculation and subsequent profiteering followed the Kennedy assasination. There was Lee Harvey Oswald, a bungling incompetent who couldn't have pulled this off by himself. There was the sound from the grassy knoll. There was JFK and the Bay of Pigs. Etc., etc.

Can you just smell the Hollywood money?

Sorry, dude. This has been going on for some time. Nothing supports it.

* VDOT (Virginia Department of Transportation) is a pretty flap-mouthed community. If their cameras caught something wierd, I'd know about it.

* I actually saw the crash site. Looked to me like a 757 full of enough fuel to get it from the east to the west coast flew into the Pentagon - at full speed. And with that happening, I don't expect we'd see much in the way of airplane parts.

* And speaking of such... Do you recall seeing plane parts after the jets flew into the twin towers? One of them happened on film in real time on The Today Show. The jet literally vanished into the building. And a neat little hole appeared out the back end - just like on the Pentagon pictures here. Hmm...

* There's detailed documentation of the 2 (two) attempts of this plane to fly into something. On the first pass, it appeared to have attempted to hit the White House, but the terrain made it difficult. The Pentagon ended up being "Plan B", and happened after the plane made another loop-around. Check it out for yourself; there's plenty written about it.

* My sister was supposed to be in the Pentagon for a meeting that morning. Smart girl that she is, she turned around when she heard about planes flying into the twin towers. And wouldn't you know...

* If that Boeing 757 didn't fly into the Pentagon, well then we have TWO plots. The first would be what did hit the Pentagon, and the second would be what the hell happened to American Airlines Flight 77. Oops!

* Note the following...
The images became public not long after French researcher Thierry Meyssan published his book, L'effroyable Imposture (The frightening Fraud), explaining his theory that the damage to the Pentagon resulted from a truck bomb rather than a plane crash.

Well since it's a novel by a Frenchman, then it MUST be true! :roll:

Subsequent analysis of the video included in that film clip have shown it to be a fabrication - albeit a good one. In any case, it helps sell more copies of this French dude's book.

Shooting this story down is like shooting at fish in a barrel. :lol:

Pass the ice cream and the jimmies, Van! And let's bring in a REAL movie! 8)

- Bill
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

So...
"They" got to you too eh?....

Trust no one...

:lol: :lol:
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

-Metablade- wrote:So...
"They" got to you too eh?....

Trust no one...

:lol: :lol:

> Trust no one...and be ready to kill everyone you meet :lol: :popcorn:
Van
IJ

Post by IJ »

The show "seconds from disaster" had an hour special on how this crash unfolded. The plane hit the ground very near the edge of the building leaving little impact markings; the plane entered the building and was rapidly slowed by multiple columns. The gas didn't disappear, it created a large fireball and one man whose entire staff was incinerated with him at the edge of the fireball badly burned was interviewed. Material from the plane like an engine liked punched thru that last ring--a missle doesn't explode and then keep penetrating a building; nor does a car bomb. It's a great show... takes you thru the investigations of a disaster to explain how each step went wrong and how everything could have been avoided--or in the case of a terrorist attack how the attack unfolded. For example, if a weight bearing beam hadn't been too well connected to other elements in the exposed face of the bombed building in oklahoma city, then the building would not have collapsed. there would have been local damage only... and you get to see horrible quirks such as the man who lost his whole staff but lived and a woman in OK who saw her meeting collapse in front of her; her desk was farthest away and was spared by a foot.
--Ian
eastcoast_bsc

Post by eastcoast_bsc »

Whats the frequency kenneth?

Return to “Realist Training”