Re-itroduction

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Tao_in_the_Mountians

Re-itroduction

Post by Tao_in_the_Mountians »

Hello all,

I guess I should re-introduce myself. I was a member of this site about two or so years ago. I started taking Uechi at that time, and I went on hiatus for a spell. I have started my Uechi training again in July, and am hoping to step it up a notch now that my job is going into its slow season and I have more time to spend on myself.
Originally I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia but have travel most of my child years and was raised all over Canada. I have been living and working in Banff Alberta for the last five years now and am happy to say this is the most amount of time I have ever lived in one area with out moving.

Not much ells to say, I am 27 years old and work in the tour and transportation industry ( it was this or become a farmer, not that farming is a bad thing, just not for me).

I am looking forward to continuing my Uechi training, as well as learning styles that may complement may Uechi studies, like some BJJ.

Thank you all, and I look forward to learning more Martial ideas and theory from all of you.
Fight with honour, Die with Pride.
gmattson
Site Admin

Welcome aboard Tao...

Post by gmattson »

Please tell us about the dojo/teacher you are now training with. Also, your name... if you don't mind identifying yourself.

Best,
George Mattson
Tao_in_the_Mountians

Oh, yes. Sorry I should have said this in the first post.

My name is Amos Wiggins, I am training under Laird Elliot up at the Sally Borden Fitness Centre (in Banff).

It great my Uechi class comes with gym and pool membership, and the hot tub is great after being thrown around for a couple hours. :D

Amos of Banff.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Hey Amos , good to see you training again .

Banff has awesome facilitys , Gym and pool .

Oh yeah It`s Marcus the kiwi , hope to get up there sometime next year .

The BJJ advneture sounds great too , sweet stuff .

and In case you didnt realise heres also another Uechi site , Ricks froums now over there , and some of the Banff crew pop in there .

http://www.uechiryu.ca/forums/
Tao_in_the_Mountians

Hey Marcus the kiwi, I recognized the beard. :lol:
Ya, I was checking the other froum out the other day. It is slow season now, and at work I spend all my days looking up stuff on the net now.
I here that you might being coming back to us? I hope so, Laird needs a new meat puppett. 8)

Amos
Willy

Post by Willy »

They do have a way of breaking :?

Maybe you can stand in till Marcus gets back to Gods country Amos. BTW good to have you back in class!

Laird
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

And join Laird for trips to Edmonton. :D
Willy

Post by Willy »

:lol: I think I might be over due for a visit as well. :( Well thats easy to fix, :multi:
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Dave's this Thursday.
Willy

Post by Willy »

Hey that should be fun! I'd love to be there, unfortunately the profesor is in town on Thursdays...but we may be changing the day we roll in Banff so I might get to join you folks on the mat up north. I think it would be a blast and I'll make that trip when I can. I'll give you a schedule in the near future so you know when I'm head your way.

Good luck with the class Rick and don't break anyone. :lol: And no neck cranking your good friends!

Hey wouldn't it be a blast to get all three dojo's together to do some ground work. One day hope to bring a few of the crew. Beer's are on Dave. :multi: :multi: :multi:
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Uechi Ryu ground Tournament !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously , i`m in !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Tao_in_the_Mountians

Trip to Edmonton.... Uechi ground tournament... Someone ells buying the beers.
All sounds good to me. :lol:

Amos
JOHN THURSTON

Hello

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Hello Amos:

I'm John, moderator of the Western Martial Arts and Military History Specialty Forum.

It's kind of a counterpoint forum I guess.

"Fight With Honor Die With Pride"

Good words. Is it a military based motto?

Just curious as to the source.

Do drop by the "other" side, so to speak.

My Dad was born in Port Maitland N.S..

Best

John
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
CANDANeh

Bay Boy

Post by CANDANeh »

John
I was born a rocks throw from your Dad..."Bay Boys" sometimes called, any Acadian running in your viens :wink:

Leo here, born in "Gods country" and family later moved to english speaking Halifax when I was a youth in the sixties. Eventually I moved to Bridgewater to spread joy as a teen and populate the town with little Acadians...(ok needed a job :lol:). Found a Uechi dojo in Mahone Bay in the late seventies ( Bill Marshal) and was captivated by the charactor of the style which of course was spear headed by a young J. Maloney.
Currently in B`Water dojo under the watchful eye of Victor Swinimer whom lets me be who I am. :wink:
Léo
Tao_in_the_Mountians

Re: Hello

JOHN THURSTON wrote:Hello Amos:

"Fight With Honor Die With Pride"

Good words. Is it a military based motto?
Could be military, I really don't know. I heard it when I was a child and made it my own over the years. I could have heard it from some family members, I'm the only one ( on my mothers side of the family ) with out a military record or for all I know I might have herd it in a movie, either way I like it.

Honour and pride are good to have. Shame on the other hand I can do with out.

Return to “Member Introductions”