"Uechi Locked"

A place where this subject can be evaluated and discussed. No "bashing" allowed. "Tell us what YOU do"
robb buckland

"Yakusoku" kumite

Post by robb buckland »

I would love to learn that ...I was walked through it once or twice .....maybe at Winterfest ?
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
JOHN THURSTON

Hi Robb

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

Well,

I tried watching what "appeared" to be a left hook as he pivoted on the left foot while escaping out of the corner by swinging his right foot our of the corner.

Very slick stepping I thought.

karates has mostly reverse punches (gyakuzuke) and, in the cae of Uechi Ka, a shallow hook roundhouse (called originally 'furi zuki" and later simply "mawashi zuki". However, mma and boxers have a multitude of fariations on their basic punches.

So, I am know in a situation where the OKK group wants tos spparring in classic Karate Sparring.

Hmmmm---this was not met by over whelming joy on my part after spending six pre "promotional" months of fighting in a slightly more ecletic manner.

I won't go into details. It is all very well to require a full withdrawal of the "punch" in question to "ready thrust". I asked if merely withdrawing to "guard" would be sufficient, and I received-predictably, two aswers.

Now I believe in getting the hands back to guard to protect the head as quickily as possible, but reing required to pull the punch back to ready thrust at the wist hi position did not sit well with me.

This particularr oddity is a by product of the "one punch ends the first". I agree, but the punch is the LAST one not necessarilly the first.

We shall have to see what the powers to be have to say. I take my ques from therieaux"s "Full contact Sparring" (which is what sparring in previous promotionals had morphed into.

When i do my humple demonstration, I will only be showing how inter body connectiond and "rooting" to the earth, produces more power.

As an aside TC has no strickly straight punchs. It is (in training) toally diifferent in feel than Uechi, but after ten or so years onee can start yo make "connections" .

This is what my brief presentation (an hour is brief, I guess). TC has a nasty uppercut coming off the forward foot and a rising punch, but it is mostly open had.

Thanks. see ypu soon.

J.
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
robb buckland

Knife to a 'Gun Fight' ......

Post by robb buckland »

"...... getting the hands back to guard to protect the head as quickily as possible, but being required to pull the punch back to ready thrust at the waist high position did not sit well with me." :oops:

Someone more scholarly than myself is probably better equiped to respond with the 'general knowlege ' answer for this requirement . If I had to pass judgment on why TMA's do this it's because in their basics it is taught this way as a training aid to force hip rotation .

Off with the 'Training Wheels'

In fighting maintaining a built in defence is paramount to survival. Maintaining the neutral guard 'hands up'position protects the rib area and the head while allowing for quick countering (closest weapon, closeset target) Thus, you live to fight again another day ....... :idea:

If this teaching methodology is the norm and not the exception it is probably the symptom of a non- fighter teacher .....(not that there is anything wrong with that ).What is wrong is if ya tell me your teaching me fighting ....... it'd be nice if ya knew how to fight yourself !!! :twisted:

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining !! :lol:
FEARS Ltd
"Art meets Reality"
www.fearsltd.com
corneacross

Re: "robb buckland"

Post by corneacross »

If Robb Buckland is a public figure, entrepreneur, artist, or notable in a particular field, and there have been developments or achievements since my last update, I recommend checking recent news articles, social media profiles, or official websites for the latest information about him.
Thank you.
Buckland robb

Re: "Uechi Locked"

Post by Buckland robb »

:D

Lol :D

When was your last update ?????

Return to “Fighting Drills”