Child Of War

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

Child Of War

Post by Art Rabesa »

My book "Child Of War" is now out. Can get it at Amazon and Barnes & Noble eBook or in print. Changed title from Child Of The Dust to Child Of War. I found that there were other works with Child Of The Dust titles. Very Strange. It is an Action Adventure book. If you like action adventure you will really like reading Child Of War. Almost half done with the sequel. Book two will be wilder than the first book. Main character is Ki. Half American half Vietnamese. Follow him through childhood into adulthood. Ki is exceptionally intelligent and an amazing martial artist. The ladies really like him too. A page turner.----------Happy Trails -------Art
Art Rabesa
gmattson
Site Admin

Re: Child Of War

Post by gmattson »

Agreed... great book. . . picture on home page of www.uechi-ryu.com.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

Thank you sensei. Sequel is coming also.--------Happy Trails -----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: Child Of Warll: Investment In Terrorism

Post by Art Rabesa »

Quick update: Child Of War takes place in Southeast Asia. The sequel "Child Of War ll : Investment In Terrorism" takes place in Central America. The main character Ki, is brought to the U.S. by his American friend Charlie Zeto. Charlie is now head of a newly formed agency that deals with terrorism. Ki goes under cover in Honduras as a drug dealer from Viet Nam. His mission is to get into the drug operation there run by Paz Resende. Resende runs everything there because of his wealth and power. He has General Alvarado on his payroll for security during his drug operation on the shore of the Caribbean Sea, in the town of La Ceiba.
The military control the country and General Alvarado controls the military.
I'm about half way through the story right now. There's one big war on Paz Resende's operation coming. I just do not know where I'm going to fit it in. Hope you read the first book first. It slides right into the sequel. -------Happy Trails -----Art
Child Of War at Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.com
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: Child Of War- Reviews

Post by Art Rabesa »

There are very good reviews thus far. I'm pleased with the positive response. Those that enjoy a good adventure story will really enjoy "Child Of War." If you're into romantic comedies, this book is not for you. Although, there is some sex in the story; just for seasoning.
Sequel rolling along very well. Might be longer than the first book. No need to rush it's completion. Right now; I do not think there will be a third book. However---never say never.
Happy Trails -----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: Child Of War--SEQUEL

Post by Art Rabesa »

Just finished Book II sequel. Title is ---"Child Of War: Investment In Terrorism"
Bigger than book one. Don't know if reading book one is a must or not. It helps I guess. Don't know if there will be another. Don't know how many bullets I have left. ----------Happy Trails-------Art
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

I have finished and 'savored' every word from the first book. Art is gifted in his writings as he has a way to place the reader in the type of physical and psychological action being read to the point where you can feel your own adrenaline flowing.

One book you want to read, then re-read, and then read once more as it will grip you by the seat of your pants making you want to go for your gun.
Van
Art Rabesa

Post by Art Rabesa »

Thank you Van for the great review. If you place this review on Amazon it would make a big impact with them. I believe the sequel is even better. It's bigger with a real twisting plot revolving around a couple of evil bastards. I'll have it published shortly.
Art Rabesa
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Will do...

Done tonight.
Van
Art Rabesa

Re: Child Of War ll : Investment In Terrorism

Post by Art Rabesa »

In book ll, the main character is brought from Southeast Asia to America. His American friend, Charlie Zeto, is now head of the Anti-Terrorist Agency in D.C. He wants Ki to help him with a growing crime / drug lord problem in Central America. Undercover work proves dangerous and rewarding at the same time. Once again; plenty of action and plot twists, with interesting characters weaving throughout the story. The climax is exploding and final for the story. A bigger book than Book l.
I'll publish it later this year. Don't want the sequel too close to book l. Hope it's read and enjoyed.
Happy Trails -------Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: Child Of War ll : Investment In Terrorism

Post by Art Rabesa »

Just a quick notice. My second book --"Child of War ll: Investment in Terrorism" is now available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
Thanks ---Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: Child Of War - Web Site

Post by Art Rabesa »

www.childofwar.net

Check it out
Art Rabesa
emattson

Post by emattson »

Saw that you've published other books in Amazon:
- Kumite the Complete Fighting Text
- Explosive Karate, edited by George Mattson and Peter Blackman as illustrator

Nice that you have all the books selling in Kindle format as well.
Erik

“Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order.”
- John Adams

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”