Posting pictures

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Bill Glasheen

Posting pictures

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Scotty or someone else...

Rick Wilson needs to post some pictures on my forum. Can you give him a hand? It's in the Phoenix-eye fist thread on my forum. His e-mail is wilson@wilsonkarate.com.

BTW, does one basically need a server with the files "out there" to accomplish this task?

Thanks!!

- Bill
gmattson
Site Admin

Posting pictures

Post by gmattson »

The short answer is that in order to post pictures on the forums, you must have them uploaded to a server. This can be your own website (located on a server where you have ftp access) or to one of the many photo services on-line, where you can load pictures and view/access them.

Tony and Scott have posted a couple of urls that offer this service. They used to be free, but now charge a monthly service charge.

The alternative is to send the pictures to me or Scott in the form of a jpg file, preferably in a size that you want posted and at 72 pixels/inch resolution. Also let us know where you want the pictures posted. Scott and I can insert them within a message or create a new topic using the pictures. Just let us know what you want.

------------------
GEM
Bill Glasheen

Posting pictures

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Thanks. I'll send Rick your way.

By the way, the thread is here.

- Bill

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”